Front left speaker crackles

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason4115

this is my first time here but couldn't find answers anywhere from other sites. I have a 2015 Nissan Versa note that I installed 4 speakers into. I then went to Darells car audio to have a 4 channel amp installed for the speakers and a subwoofer with a seperate amp for that. My front left speaker will randomly crackle and when it does the sound coming out of that speaker will get louder as well. I tried swapping the speakers with another and it still crackles, even put the factory speaker back in with same results, I changed the speakers input on the amp so that the sound will come from the right side of the car but it still crackles on the left. I even unplugged the speaker from the amplifier's input so the speaker would give no sound but it still crackles. Also as a last note it will even crackle when the radio is turned off and the sound does not get louder if I rev the engine and so on, I noticed however that the left speaker is always quieter than the others but gets louder than all the speakers when it crackles. I took my car into darells 4 times already and they still haven't fixed it and I'm sick of driving an hour over there. Any way to fix it or atleast get my money back from them? I really just want them to rip the whole system out with a full refund.

this is my first time here but couldn't find answers anywhere from other sites. I have a 2015 Nissan Versa note that I installed 4 speakers into. I then went to Darells car audio to have a 4 channel amp installed for the speakers and a subwoofer with a seperate amp for that. My front left speaker will randomly crackle and when it does the sound coming out of that speaker will get louder as well. I tried swapping the speakers with another and it still crackles, even put the factory speaker back in with same results, I changed the speakers input on the amp so that the sound will come from the right side of the car but it still crackles on the left. I even unplugged the speaker from the amplifier's input so the speaker would give no sound but it still crackles. Also as a last note it will even crackle when the radio is turned off and the sound does not get louder if I rev the engine and so on, I noticed however that the left speaker is always quieter than the others but gets louder than all the speakers when it crackles. I took my car into darells 4 times already and they still haven't fixed it and I'm sick of driving an hour over there. Any way to fix it or atleast get my money back from them? I really just want them to rip the whole system out with a full refund.
It sounds like you've been thorough with your troubleshooting. It's not the speaker, nor is it the input cables/wires, nor is it the source. All that's left is the speaker wire between the amp and front left speaker or the amp itself. My money is on the former, the wire might be pinched somewhere or loose at either side.

That doesn't sound like an overly complex system. If a shop can't figure out what's wrong after four attempts that's probably not a good shop. Usually we'd tell you to take it back before messing with it because otherwise they can say it's a result of something you did, but it sounds like you've already brought it to their attention. If you can access the wires at the speaker and the amp be sure they're secure. You could try swapping the left and right channel outputs at the amp. If there's still crackling then it's the wiring, if the crackling switches places it's the amp. If you can't do this easily yourself have them check it. You paid for a working system, you should have a working system.

As far as getting a refund from the shop, that's not my wheelhouse. I'd try working it out amicably before escalating it.

Hmmm... not sure what else to do, they replaced the speaker wire running to the amp and even replaced the amp but it's still doing it. It's still the same thing where the speaker is quieter than the rest of the speakers but when it crackles it gets louder then all of them.

This is a nasty one that would really be better if you had someone in the area take a look. Should be fairly quick troubleshooting just hard to do over the internet. You really need to isolate/bypass things one by one.

Source Output

Source Output to Amp Input wire

Amp Input

Amp

Amp Output

Amp Output to Speaker Input wire

Speaker Input

Speaker

Amp and speaker were replaced so those could be ruled out. Sounds like they replaced the amp to speaker wire? So is that all new wiring from the amp to the speaker or is it through the stock wiring? Might be a bad splice somewhere. Same thing for the source output to the amp. What is it, RCA or high level? Check that connection. Are they component speakers? If so, maybe bad crossover or connections there too.

Sorry when they called me they said there was something wrong still, I assumed it was the fuzzing sound but it's been 2 days and I haven't heard it yet. The only problem now is that the speaker is extremely quiet compared to the other speakers, almost like it's being muffled like a low quality speaker. It's always done this and got louder when it crackled but now it's even more quiet. And yes they said they replaced the wire running from the speaker to the amp. I'm currently at a stand still with these people, guess I'm gonna wait a few days to see if it crackles cause that's usually what happens when the speaker is this quiet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.