Single Cab Jeep install help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knucklehead97

Hello to all. New to the forum, halfway new to car audio. I've got 2 Jeep Comanche Pickup trucks. One of which I installed a ported MTX10" behind yhe seat. But I don't drive that one much so I'm happy with the bass. For the one I do drive a bunch though, I installed one ported Kicker 10" that runs off of 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms. With a cheap Boss amp that simply gets the job done. The bass is plenty. But I want more. The Jeep is super clean and I'm building it to mostly be a daily driver while also being slightly a show truck. I've decided on the subs and they are the 12" Alpine Type-R subs. I want to have them in a ported box. I believe I can manage to only just squeeze them behind the seats using this box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N8YW83U/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3ADWMNXT7FS32

The CuFt per chamber is 1.3 and the Type R's are rated at 1.25-1.5 CuFt in ported fashion. The only issue is that the subs mounting depth is 6 3/8" deep while the box only has 5" of depth to it.

So here is my plan and I think it will work but I wanted to check with some people that know more than me before I was set on it. If I add a 1" spacer then that will obviously just leave 3/8" left before the sub will fit. I was thinking I could cut a panel out of the back of the sub box behind each sub and get a sheet of Polycarbonate to seal the chambers back up. That would give me another 3/4" of depth if the back panel of the box is 3/4" MDF.

Do ya'll think this might actually work? I really don't want to do a sealed box set up. I prefer ported.

Other questions are what thickness of Poly should I get? And what would be a good cost-friendly amp that would push two of them ran in sequence?

Thanks a bunch and I look forward to learning more and getting to know some of you. Cheers!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.