I need bigger RCA cables !!!!

qguy

At a car parts store in the mall

Me: Do you have RCA cables ?

Staff : How many watts does your amp have ?

Me : (laughing internally) but I obliged and wanted to find out where it would lead to and responded "800 watts"

Me : Why do you asked ?

Staff: The wire would depend on how strong your amp is, How many watts is your speaker ?

Me: (Could not control laugter anymore ) I said "1100 watts"

Staff : grabs an RCA cable and ask another staff, hey can this be used on an 800 watts amp and 1100 watt speaker ?

Staff 2: Yeah, that would work

At this point I explained to them that RCA cable has nothing to do with how strong the amp or the subwoofer is.

Right now I am wondering, what would happen if I asked I needed an RCA cable for my 3000 watt amplifier and 4000 watt subwoofer

Me : (laughing internally) but I obliged and wanted to find out where it would lead to and responded "800 watts"

Staff: The wire would depend on how strong your amp is, How many watts is your speaker ?

Staff : grabs an RCA cable and ask another staff, hey can this be used on an 800 watts amp and 1100 watt speaker ?

At this point I explained to them that RCA cable has nothing to do with how strong the amp or the subwoofer is.

Right now I am wondering, what would happen if I asked I needed an RCA cable for my 3000 watt amplifier and 4000 watt subwoofer
Yep, I discovered in high school I'd almost always know a lot more about the equipment in any "stereo store"! But they SAY IT with such confidence, it's funny! Salesmanship, ROFL!!!

John Kuthe...

Yep, I discovered in high school I'd almost always know a lot more about the equipment in any "stereo store"! But they SAY IT with such confidence, it's funny! Salesmanship, ROFL!!!
John Kuthe...

Now it's my turn to call you a LIAR....because if it was true, you wouldn't have called a random car audio install person from Craigslist to help you install 3 amps, a sub, and a dsp.

Now it's my turn to call you a LIAR....because if it was true, you wouldn't have called a random car audio install person from Craigslist to help you install 3 amps, a sub, and a dsp.
But I did! And installer guy is a lot younger than I am and he doesn't have MS like I do! I could have done it, but would have had ti research exactly how, stuff installer guy knows. He just jumped in and started by driving us up to a Best Buy and I bought a generic Chrysler radio adapter, we drove back to his place, he put it in and viola! I had all my old MP3 discs back!! :) Then started a long circuitous road to completing this install! Which is noe within reach! Soon!

John Kuthe...

I'm crying lol god damnit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I did! And installer guy is a lot younger than I am and he doesn't have MS like I do! I could have done it, but would have had ti research exactly how, stuff installer guy knows. He just jumped in and started by driving us up to a Best Buy and I bought a generic Chrysler radio adapter, we drove back to his place, he put it in and viola! I had all my old MP3 discs back!! :) Then started a long circuitous road to completing this install! Which is noe within reach! Soon!
John Kuthe...
You don't need any type of degree to install anything you sonofabitch. I'm not MECP certified yet I installed all my car audio gear, built my own enclosure, recently installed my new Clarion CZ702 HU, etc It takes experience and practice. It's so easy. We didn't have the internet around in the 90's to look up something. Had to ask other people, walk in other car audio shops when they were around.

You come onto this forum acting like it's rocket science. Sometimes I swear you play dumb....paying someone to figure it out for you. Not even bothering being a man about it and taking a chance or even trying.

You don't need any type of degree to install anything you sonofabitch. I'm not MECP certified yet I installed all my car audio gear, built my own enclosure, recently installed my new Clarion CZ702 HU, etc It takes experience and practice. It's so easy. We didn't have the internet around in the 90's to look up something. Had to ask other people, walk in other car audio shops when they were around.
You come onto this forum acting like it's rocket science. Sometimes I swear you play dumb....paying someone to figure it out for you. Not even bothering being a man about it and taking a chance or even trying.
None of Caraudio.com is rocket science. I know rocket science, the basics. I had a one credit hour class called Intro To Relativity so I can tell you exactly what to expect if you were in a spaceship traveling 8/10 the speed and you turned your spaceship's headlights on! Just in case you ever catch yourself in that situation! ;-)

And hey, I installed my 6x9s and I was VERY happy to find out they fit very well! Only SPR R-series Alpine speaker that needed as mount mod was I had to put 3/8 inch spacers under the driver's side 5.25" on top of the dash. Passenger side fit!

15289174_1207947902599021_2290066190875258926_o.jpg

Nothing fancy, I found some 3/4 inch aluminum chassis spacers in an electronics supply store. Cut 'em in 1/2 with a hacksaw then filed the cut face flat. Ya gotta make do what what you have!

John Kuthe...

Pathetic.
Hey, it worked perfectly with the poor Chrysler speaker mount points! But one mount point broke so we have to come up with a fix, and I'd love it to be very substantial, as we put my PHD 5.25" drivers in 3/4 plywood speaker rings which we will also use to mount the drivers, this decoupling the drivers from the Chrysler speaker mounting locations. Those Alpine SPR-50\s sounded pretty good up there! I miss them.

John Kuthe...

its a little weird too see how those were mounted with no separation from the front wave and back wave and think, hmm maybe I should buy the most expensive speakers I can get to put there.

its a little weird too see how those were mounted with no separation from the front wave and back wave and think, hmm maybe I should buy the most expensive speakers I can get to put there.
Windshield removal might be required. Just ask John.

And this was supposed to be a fun post....sigh
This John guy doesn't know when to give up...spreading LIES everywhere.

Back to your story, you have auto parts store inside the mall?

Here in the states, their in their own buildings. near streets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.