Front end alignment

Hertz Mafia

FEATHER RUFFLER
Jul 2, 2016
Michigan
Yea front end around here is $39 and full alinement front and back is like $69 if your vehicle even allows for back alinement too

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
What do u have on your truck as far as exhaust? Need to get that done also.
Ford racing headers, no cats, h pipe, 2.5" duals to a borla dual in dual out muffler with a gen 2 lightning side exit. Nice and quiet until you get on it. I loved it.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
Jan 8, 2017
NC
Need a front end alignment on my 96' F150. What should I expect to pay?
yeah it ain't that bad here call perry brothers tires they be the highest around probably if u around sanford (919) 775-7225

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
no more than $50, find one of those coupon books or whatever get a special.

got lucky at pep boys one time, paid like $45 and got it aligned 3 times over a year as i changed suspension components

trucks generally dont need to be aligned as often as cars unless you have bad ball joints or bushings, hitting a curb doesnt mess **** up the same

OP
Ridinhi

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
39-50 around here depending on the shop, or free through the local area career center ( high school kids )
just called the local career center. Said they stopped doing that about 2 years ago. Precision Tune local will do a 4 wheel alignment for $59. Do I even need a rear wheel alignment on a 2 wheel drive truck?

Bomber Z

Senior VIP Member
Oct 27, 2012
Davie, Florida
All you need is two pieces of angle iron or steel that is wider then your tire. A tape measure and some string. The string is for adjustment quick reference. If you have factory steel rims you can use magnets on the angle to hold it to the rim. Most cars trucks have aluminum rims now so you need someone to hold it in place. You want the edge of the rim flat on each end of the angle almost always the tire will contact the angle and you can't rely on the tire to be true flat. What I had done was to drill the angle iron to fit different size rims and installed hex head bolts to hold off the tire. With the angle contacting both sides of the rim. You will want to measure from under the car both sides of the angle and they should be equal to each other. If not adjustments can be made at tie rods and control arms. Chilton books show how adjustments of different cars can be done. I've been using this method for over 30 years and never needed to pay a shop. Just thought I would pass it along.

Bomber Z

Senior VIP Member
Oct 27, 2012
Davie, Florida
That get more technical and run the string measuring the top and bottom. A set of ramps makes it easier to get under and make measurements and you can use a level as long as your on a level surface. There's lots of different ways to deal with lots of different cars. Once you get to see the concept it all comes together. Most garage floors are level. Need to check but most are close enough to even use a square to check C&C.

Bomber Z

Senior VIP Member
Oct 27, 2012
Davie, Florida
Years ago I worked with a guy that built racecar frame rail on a gig and taped out reference points taped out on the floor of his shop. It all works of centerline. That what measured on the left must measure on the right or it was just wrong. Now C&C adjustment really don't play much in a daily driver. But in a track car it is a must be right for the pitch to be right to enter and exit every corner or the tires will run out before the end of the race.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Years ago I worked with a guy that built racecar frame rail on a gig and taped out reference points taped out on the floor of his shop. It all works of centerline. That what measured on the left must measure on the right or it was just wrong. Now C&C adjustment really don't play much in a daily driver. But in a track car it is a must be right for the pitch to be right to enter and exit every corner or the tires will run out before the end of the race.
I used to build dirt track cars. Been thinking about getting back into it. I think there are a couple of pics in the Random Picture thread.

Flipper245

Senior VIP Member
Dec 1, 2014
Langley bc
I do the toe by eye. Centre the steering wheel. Crouch down in front of the car and visually line up the front tire with the rear. The edges should go to the outside of the rear slightly. That way you will have a bit of toe in. Every time you make an adjustment to one side you have to re centre the steering wheel before visually checking again. You could put a straight edge up to the wheel or tire also to help see the line. It doesn't have to be perfect. As long as you have a bit of toe in. Take for a quick drive to see if the wheel is straight and if it's out a bit just take a bit of adjustment out of one side or the other. Whatever side is going to get you closer to perfect. I've been dropping cars and aligning like this for years and it does take a bit of practise because part of it is done by feel(the drive). For camber I just use a level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds