Front end alignment

What do u have on your truck as far as exhaust? Need to get that done also.
Ford racing headers, no cats, h pipe, 2.5" duals to a borla dual in dual out muffler with a gen 2 lightning side exit. Nice and quiet until you get on it. I loved it.

no more than $50, find one of those coupon books or whatever get a special.

got lucky at pep boys one time, paid like $45 and got it aligned 3 times over a year as i changed suspension components

trucks generally dont need to be aligned as often as cars unless you have bad ball joints or bushings, hitting a curb doesnt mess **** up the same

39-50 around here depending on the shop, or free through the local area career center ( high school kids )
just called the local career center. Said they stopped doing that about 2 years ago. Precision Tune local will do a 4 wheel alignment for $59. Do I even need a rear wheel alignment on a 2 wheel drive truck?

All you need is two pieces of angle iron or steel that is wider then your tire. A tape measure and some string. The string is for adjustment quick reference. If you have factory steel rims you can use magnets on the angle to hold it to the rim. Most cars trucks have aluminum rims now so you need someone to hold it in place. You want the edge of the rim flat on each end of the angle almost always the tire will contact the angle and you can't rely on the tire to be true flat. What I had done was to drill the angle iron to fit different size rims and installed hex head bolts to hold off the tire. With the angle contacting both sides of the rim. You will want to measure from under the car both sides of the angle and they should be equal to each other. If not adjustments can be made at tie rods and control arms. Chilton books show how adjustments of different cars can be done. I've been using this method for over 30 years and never needed to pay a shop. Just thought I would pass it along.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.