fourth order for apxx18?

im looking at the specs on the site i thought the apxx had a 4 inch coil? the site says 3.
yes mine does... so those arent the exact ts parameters but it is the closest thing as they dont list them on their list for the 4"vc...

so, in other words, bad for a 4th order... ***** really want one...
Maybe look into a horn, I know woofers with a qts below 20 work well in horns but that is for a flat response. Also its hard to get low bass out of something with below a qts of .2 so I would look into woofers with a low fs, that are designed to get low, that is if you wanting to build a ground pounder.

Maybe look into a horn, I know woofers with a qts below 20 work well in horns but that is for a flat response. Also its hard to get low bass out of something with below a qts of .2 so I would look into woofers with a low fs, that are designed to get low, that is if you wanting to build a ground pounder.
those arent even the corect ts parameters, and atomic built mine for daily and spl so I hope it will fair well in a fourth... wish I could find the ts specs on it....

Why do you feel you need bandpass alignment?

What do you think that will do for you?

You do realize that trying to put a sub with unknown parameters in a complex box is a recipe for failure?

Why do you feel you need bandpass alignment?
What do you think that will do for you?

You do realize that trying to put a sub with unknown parameters in a complex box is a recipe for failure?
yes I do.... but I was a noob and still am when I designed my first box and I have still not come even close to being good at designing....

Ported alignment is much more forgiving and most of the subs with stiff suspension and huge motor do well enough in DD spec box.
sorry but what does DD mean?? digital designs?? my box right now is 5.7 cu ft tuned to 40hz with 4 4 inch aeros... what do you think?? decent for that sub? even though no ts parameters are given...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.