fourth order for apxx18?

sorry but what does DD mean?? digital designs?? my box right now is 5.7 cu ft tuned to 40hz with 4 4 inch aeros... what do you think?? decent for that sub? even though no ts parameters are given...
DD Audio: The DD Box | DD Audio

I've had mixed results with multiple round ports.

Have you considered just going larger on the box and larger on the port with a big slot port? 6-8 cube seems to be what most 18's do well with.

DD Audio: The DD Box | DD Audio
I've had mixed results with multiple round ports.

Have you considered just going larger on the box and larger on the port with a big slot port? 6-8 cube seems to be what most 18's do well with.
the new plan was to go about 6 cu ft net with about 160 sq inches of port... I would like to keep it on the smaller side to keep the rise down and I do plan on upgrading power soon anyways... and it needs to be under the window line...

the new plan was to go about 6 cu ft net with about 160 sq inches of port... I would like to keep it on the smaller side to keep the rise down and I do plan on upgrading power soon anyways... and it needs to be under the window line...
So what do you rise to now? What frequency? What coil do you have and what amp(s) do you plan to run?

So what do you rise to now? What frequency? What coil do you have and what amp(s) do you plan to run?
i havent run full power yet due to the fact that my alt isnt here yet. havent clamped it yet to see what rise is, just kind of went with the rule of thumb that most people see about 1+ for rise... coil is 4" dont know the brand but it is whatever atomic uses. and I am thinking either ns1 or dc 7.5 for power.

a single 18 can handle that much?

i havent run full power yet due to the fact that my alt isnt here yet. havent clamped it yet to see what rise is, just kind of went with the rule of thumb that most people see about 1+ for rise... coil is 4" dont know the brand but it is whatever atomic uses. and I am thinking either ns1 or dc 7.5 for power.

nice nice well got luck man should be crazy loud, i just heard a custom built 18 yesterday powered by a kicker 2500.1 in a older caddillac ecalade and everything in the entire vehicle was shaking like ive never seen before, the guy who had the system is a vendor for a couple of different companies.

in the correct enclosure yes, but it will be wired at 2 for daily and .5 for burpz.

Capture-3.png

5.2 cu ft net tuned to 36 with 128sq inches of port. under the window line too so thats a plus.

Idk where you saw that- look around, most people are getting 2-3x rise of what their nominal wiring is.

wasn't asking for brand of coil...is it a d1,d2,d4?

and rise can be crazy high for most people

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.