Found LEDS is it possible to install these hooked up to the subwoofer

BrokenJaw
10+ year member

Ontario
I never had these installed

I want to put them inside my box it has plexe glass so it would look nice with some lights inside the box

i know if i wire these to the amps power and ground they will always be on

but what if i wire these to the subwoofer ?

would they then turn on and off to the bass ?

1002sq9.jpg

only problem with wiring them to the remote is some peaoples headunits the remotes gives such a low output signal that it may be insuffecient to run a couple of LEDS on it. you might need to run a new relay and up the remote's signal voltage to allow the LEDs to get sufficient voltage.

but i want them to flash

i swear to god ive seen some kid in a car show and he had his neon bars hooked up to the amp i am prety sure and they were flashign thats why i thought he must of wired them to the subwoofers output to make them go with bass on and off.

will the remote wire coming from the headunits will have enough power to support this

go to walmart and get one of those 10 dollar led neon strips for the car.

hook it up to the amp out put.

had it on my crucnch and it worked so good. it dimmed and brightened with the bass and everything

hook it up to the amp outs not the sub.

You can wire them to an ac signal. I have wired LED's to deck outputs before they do follow the music but you need to put a crossover on them and limit the voltage or they will burn out. But it does work just have to know what your doing.

I have about 60 LED's i salvaged off an under body kit and i cant decide wether to put them or In my amp rack behind plexi with the internals showing on my niche 6000d or to put 15 in each of my 4 heat vents, my friend had strobes in his vents and it worked good. They will be wired to my deck outputs in series/parallel, each with there own crossover network and follow the music quite well. Its nice in the dark.

The LEDs that flash with sound can be found in Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, etc. There's two mode, one where it's always on, or one where it goes with the music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.