Ford Sport Track Explorer?/

HERETIC
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
miami
i just bought a 2002 sport track and i think im gonna have a hard time puting a system in this truck. there is zero room in the back for subs and theres 6x8's in both sets of doors. i have zero room for kicks on the drivers side and i have to cut metal and fill in voids to fit my cdt es-620's in the doors. this truck is a five speed and thoughts or suggestions would greatly be apprerciated

I own a Sport Track. Your options are to go with an 8" behind the seats using a C Wells enclosure (I have one) ... they have both single and dual boxes. Or go with a 10" C Wells enclosure under the 60% passenger seat. Other than that, you'll have to fab your own boxes. I've seen people with three and four across the back as well as the same under the seat.

my friend put 8's under the backseats, gets decently loud but the subs cant hit the low notes. it's alrite for listening to rap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

im thinking about removimg the passenger side rear seat to put one 15" ported back there. i have on demand 3 idq12's, 1 idmax 12, and 2 infinity kappa 12"s. as far as components go im debating on wether or not to use my cdt es-620's or get a set of id chameleons. from my understanding i have 2.66 inches depth to work with in those doors. as far as sound goes im into metal so i need plenty of midbass to produce plenty of kick-drum. im gonna sound deadened the hell out of the doors again with stinger roadkill

if you are looking to use factory locations for some comps, then take a look at the boston SL80's. they are just a drop-in, and they sound pretty darn good.

i just got of the phone with ken at cdt and he recommended using both of my es-620's sets and using one set of tweeters and the new 6 octive crossover.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/sixoctave_frontfill.htm

i was gonna run with the idq8's but i dont have room for horns so i think since i have two sets of es-620's i should use them. dont know how to cross or power them though- any suggestions?

i have a good installer that would build glass mods in the doors-just need to find out how to make these work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.