Ford Escape door speakers!??????

Participant count
  • Participant list

snb778
5,000+ posts

blaugh!!!!
I just bought an 01 Escape... I went to run wires into the doors today for my tweeters and mids... but the grommet going into the door is fully taken up by a connector!!! actually it IS a connector just covered by a grommet/seal I have no idea how to get wires in there now. Is there any way past this???

as of now I had to tap into the stock speaker wire behind the radio, but I still need a wire in there for my tweeter!! and the stock wire is like...whatever stock speaker wire most cars use??... my wire is 12GA... is that an absolute no no??

pics would help a lot to be sure we understand your question correctly.

i assume from reading it that you are trying to run it where the stock wires are run, but there is no room to. some people drill another hole. my friend decided to pull out the connector and squeeze the wire right next to the connector and put it back in.

its realllly hard to drill ahole there because there are soooo many frickin wires there, esp. since there's lke a 20 wire connector running into the door, but I don't really see another option.

as far as squeezing it in there... 12GA is a tough "squeeze"... pretty thick

****... i'll try to do it tomorrow
anyone else ever done this though?
I have a focus and it has the same thing. you have power windows and door locks. as my power stuff is aftermarket I just took the entire plug out and removed the center. unless you're will to re-wire all the stuff to by pass the plug you really can't get around it. especially since you're running 12 gauge.

molex's **** big moose cock!

I did the doors in my ford truck. An exacto knife helps alot. Use the exacto knife to clear the area of the molex where you want to run wire. No easy way to describe it but cut the plastic "squares" on the mating face of the molex with the exacto knife then use some needle nose pliers to pull out what you cut.

I drilled one side and used the exacto knife on the other....the knife was easier and safer in my opinion.

wow... ***** big time..

yea I obviously can't get a drill into the door side of the door jam, and if I go inside the car to try and drill...my bit's arent long enough to fit the drill in there where need to..... ughhhhh

wow... ***** big time..
yea I obviously can't get a drill into the door side of the door jam, and if I go inside the car to try and drill...my bit's arent long enough to fit the drill in there where need to..... ughhhhh
Separate the molex connector, then you should be able to monkey around with it enough to get the room you need.

Visit www.escape-city.com. There is alot of people over there that really know there stuff when it comes to Escape. Good for a future reference as well when you need anything that has to do with your escape
thanks for the link

looks like I need to disconnect that plug and there is space to drill a hole (hopefully enough for 2x 12ga. wires)

thanks for all the help guys! 1 problem down, 2 to go

is 20ga. factory wire to 12ga. aftermarket an absolute nono??... if it is, then i'm absolutely f-ed!!... even if I get 1 wire into the door, i need another one for my tweet

wowwwwwwwwwww... i got it... that was a pain in the as-s... !! wtf

sheitty part is that was the easy side... i dunno how im even going to get holes for the other side...there is so much crap in the way, i dunno if I can even get a steady angle for the drill

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.