Ford 1999 Single Cab F150 Build(Lots Of Images)

Well, I wired it up and did a test run and there is not much movement coming from the sub woofer at all. Been playing with the setting a bit, Ive been looking for the forum post telling you what each setting was but its been deleted.

The mids and highs sound good, not crazy good but good, bit of distortion on the midbass because it tries to hit the low notes harder than I guess its suppose to.

Anyways, if anyone could tell me...

DSCN1929.jpg

DSCN1930.jpg

DSCN1931.jpg

DSCN1932.jpg

DSCN1933.jpg

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1935.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

DSCN1937.jpg

Well, I wired it up and did a test run and there is not much movement coming from the sub woofer at all. Been playing with the setting a bit, Ive been looking for the forum post telling you what each setting was but its been deleted.
The mids and highs sound good, not crazy good but good, bit of distortion on the midbass because it tries to hit the low notes harder than I guess its suppose to.

Anyways, if anyone could tell me...
The mid is probably reaching it's mechanical limits. I would say either turn the gain down or cross them over higher.

AS far as the sub, No clue. Check the HU settings etc

How much deadener? probably roughly about 1.3-1.5 rolls.

Regarding the speakers, yeah I realized to stop the distortion my gains are pretty much a tiny bit above their minimum. The subwoofer is working now, one of the wires was lose on the back of the box when we were fitting the box into the back wall, must have knocked one loose.

It hits now, extremely loud. At volume 21 of 35, it shakes the entire internal cab, but I'll have to do some tweaking. The component set sounds really nice and midbass is reasonably loud.

The deadening stopped alot of the external rattling tin-bucket related sounds plus improved the midbass response and also stopped most of the rattling inside the truck(unfortunately things within and on the dash still make a few noises).

Tomorrow we will be putting the seats, which may be the hardest part of the installation because of all the equipment inside the truck.

Well an update. For some reason, the midbass is trying to hit notes lower than the frequency I have set on the LPF on the amplifier. The subwoofer is hitting okish, but everytime it does hit, the speakers on the right side distort or shut off completely(temporaily though)

Well an update. For some reason, the midbass is trying to hit notes lower than the frequency I have set on the LPF on the amplifier. The subwoofer is hitting okish, but everytime it does hit, the speakers on the right side distort or shut off completely(temporaily though)

did you mean lpf or hpf? start around 65hz hpf and go up till they sound good to you..

did you mean lpf or hpf? start around 65hz hpf and go up till they sound good to you..
The RCA's were actually backwards, I think there may be some issues with the subwoofer RCA and I need to do some more tweaking with the mids and highs.

i swear i know this truck from around here ,do you mind if i ask you name ohh yeah nice job on the install also good choice of equipmet ...almost certain that u live in or near mccomb... or i might be mistaken if so excuse me ....

Im way up north from you.

Anyways heres the update.

The same issues that plagued me the last install are back so I'm not sure what the problem is, since everything has been replaced and changed since the last install EXCEPT the RCA cables, which are KnuKonceptz Krystal RCA cables. I'm going to play around with a few other RCA cables and see if I can find the solution.

The problems are the following:

1. The subwoofer will not hit unless the bass boost is turned up on the remote bass boost. Supposedly the subwoofer should be able to perform better than that off of a Hifonics Bxi1606d amplifier(which argueably may not be able to output the complete advertised wattage), but there should be atleast some movement from the subwoofer at its current settings.

3/4 on the gains, bass boost on the amp at 0, HU bass boost on 0, lpf at around 45hz and the subsonic set at 15hz.

This was the same problem with the last system except for even the bass boost on the amplifier and HU bass settings could be turned all of the way up and not affect the output.

2. Due to some extremely stupid RCA backwards wiring, the midbass might be blown because of the fact that they the amplifier that was powering them was being sent a signal from the subwoofer pre-amp on the HU.

3. The remote wire didn't work eventhough it had worked before the installation when I initially installed the cd player. But in the course of the installation, hoping that I would not have to fool around with taking out the HU during the install, I had to wire the remote to the ignition due to the remote wire not outputting any voltage as before.

4. Midbass is repeatedly trying to hit lower notes than its suppose to and bottoming out in the process which sounds horrible. The component system itself doesn't sound very cost effective at the moment, Im hoping some tweaking will help that or the fault might lie in the RCA cables.

A rainbow SLC 08' 6.5" component set being powered by a sundown sax 100.2 two channel amplifier should be extremely crisp, clear, and loud. Instead the midbass is bottoming out and making a popping noise whenever it tries to hit the lows, the tweeters sound so-so, and the set won't get very loud without overly distorting or the midbass popping.

Thats the gist of it, Im going to either try to fix it myself today or find alot of the problems and tune the sound of it, if all else fails then Im going to take it to some professional installer and see what they can make of it.

This system should sound alot better than it does.

im not sure how you define way north but i have most deff. seen this truck before....

sorry to here about the problems your having that sub should be movin with that amp maybe not a whole whole lot but should be kicking out some pretty good bass. taking it to some pros wouldnt be a bad idea it might be something so simple you didnt think of but at least it will be a learning experience.. good luck!

im not sure how you define way north but i have most deff. seen this truck before....
sorry to here about the problems your having that sub should be movin with that amp maybe not a whole whole lot but should be kicking out some pretty good bass. taking it to some pros wouldnt be a bad idea it might be something so simple you didnt think of but at least it will be a learning experience.. good luck!
Well the subwoofer hits really hard if you turn the remote bass boost up, but otherwise, notso much.

but thats the problem, I was hoping that I could get the subwoofer to hit fairly hard without the need of any kind of bass boost.... Which distorts it.

Nothing wrong regarding the RCA cables, took an Y-Adapter to it and it didn't make a single difference between the RCA's running from the HU and the RCA's coming from the Y-Adapter.

Maybe the impedance is off, is a DMM in anyway accurate in showing the impedance load on an amplifier or of a speaker?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.