For those who use Toolmaker battery terminals: quick help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
Im Buying my 2nd battery for the back today. I already have a new Duralast Platinum AGM under the hood, so im going with another for the rear. The h8 is the biggest one other then the 31 (out of stock) .

Im worried about the recessed battery posts. I have these toolmakers being delivered. Will they work with the style of this.battery? You can obviously only run these terminals 2 ways off that battery, but looks as if it will block the set screw to tighten em to the battery post? ? I need to know if anyone else has run into this, if it's a problem or not. If som ill just get the smaller group 65 with normal posts up top.

May need to cut an allen-wrench or replace the set-screw with a bolt that has the same threads.

I used a different style battery terminal setup for my recessed top-posts.

I was thinking maybe flip them over and see if they'll fit
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Nobody is going to know for sure, you'll just have to put them on and try
Uhm, only 1 problem with that: the batteries arent in stock. I cant just take my terminals down and test to fit. I'll have to order, then return then order again for the right one if not.

And thats why i asked for "people with experience with toolmaker battery terminals " to chime in. People without that experience, your guess is as good as mine and therefore useless in my query.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.