2000 escalade questions

quixotiK

Hello,

The base isn't working in my 2000 escalade. It has not worked for along time. I used to have a sub but I sold it. I am wondering if the people who took the sub out reconnected the regular speakers base properly. I took the car to a local car audio shop and they said they would charge me 75 dollars to check. So my first question is:

Is there an easy way to check if the speakers were properly hooked back up by myself? I have no car audio experience.

If it turns up they are hooked back up properly I have a few other questions:

Is 350 dollars a reasonable price to install a head unit and speakers in a 2000 escalade, including price of head unit and speakers?

What kindof head unit and speakers should I get? I want pretty good sound quality as cheap as possible.

Is it cheaper to buy the parts online? If so how much should I expect to pay for instalation? I was told that new speakers would require a new head unit, that the original head unit that came with the car was not strong enough for new speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks so much for your help, if you have any other advice or recommendations please feel free to share,

Cody

I Have a custom mdf and fiberglass enclosure that came out of an Escalade. It was a newer model but may work. $125 with Boston Woofer plus shipping. It locates under the panel with the jack and stuff. Sounds excellent and the BA woofer has a lot of throw

uh.. when you say "base (sp) hooled back up, do you mean a factory subwoofer (unsure if this car has that)? because if youre talking about the regular speakers.. if sounds coming out of them, theyre hooked up.

sire, you can pull the door cards and check if theyre hooked up. that bodystyle truck is stupid easy.

$350 seems awful cheap for an install WITH the headunit and speakers. those vehicles are stupid easy to install in, but 350 wont get you far with a headunit and speakers. plus the wiring harness, mounting kit, etc. if you find someone to do the install basically free (which is what it would come down to at that price), and you can trust their work go for it (I emphasize trusting their work).

for budget stuff, ive always liked pioneer units.

my honest advice: if you have the time, do it yourself. that vehicle is dumb easy to work on. and wiring the headunit up really amoumts to no more than matching wiring harness colors to wiring harness colors.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I Have a custom mdf and fiberglass enclosure that came out of an Escalade. It was a newer model but may work. $125 with Boston Woofer plus shipping. It locates under the panel with the jack and stuff. Sounds excellent and the BA woofer has a lot of throw
if thats the 02-06 escalade, no it wont interchange.

thanks for the replies

Not really interested in the subwoofer for sale, thx though

As far as sound coming out, thats a yes. Both mids and highs work fine, but if I adjust the base nob nothing happens. Is it possible for only the base to not work on the standard speakers while the mids and highs to work, i don't really know how speakers function.

I guess i could try doing it myself, i was searching on amazon for speakers and a head unit. Question: do i even need a new head unit to power new speakers. These are the products i was looking at:

Pioneer DEH-150MP Single DIN Car Stereo With MP3 Playback - http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-150MP-Single-Stereo-Playback/dp/B0091V0A9U/ref=lp_10980601_1_7?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1430774945&sr=1-7

Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers - http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A1675R-3-Way-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B00A0LZHYS/ref=sr_1_6?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1430775627&sr=1-6

Thx again for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.