Focal or not Focal? Help with deciding on a setup

Not doubting that people can achieve good sound back then but head units back then were made with sound quality in mind. Nowadays most of the quality in the internal DACs are skimped out in many head units. Even a lot of the upper tier SQ head units arent anywhere close to a lot of older elite head units. Hence the need for a DSP with strong DACs to achieve a clean signal rivaling that of older SQ head units. Most audio sources are switching over to digital over the old school analog which is actually a huge upgrade. The ballgame of today is completely different then the ballgame of back then. Soundstage capability and difference is vast compared to what can be had back then. Clean sound is easy, moderate soundstage is achievable . However immaculate soundstage cannot be had without proper time alignment features on a good processor. Judging in MECA comps has changed a lot too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.