FM/AM not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChappyC

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just purchased a van and the guy mentioned the speakers weren't working. I've rewired them speakers in and they are working but there is no noise on FM/AM, not even static. I checked the antenna, plugged it in a few times and cleaned out the port. Followed the antenna and found where it met the body of the van.

It didn't have a band expander in it and I'm wondering if that's the problem. Just weird that there wasn't even static?

The aftermarket radio in it is a double din Sony, WX-GT90BT or something like that.

Any help would be great!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Figured it out. For some reason my rca cables would work in everything but the new head unit. I quickly tried a spare set, and that fixed the problem.
There isn't much it can be. Pull the amp turn on wire out of the amp, and just run a wire from there and touch the distro block will activate...
Its lasted 19 years thus far. Could be something as simple as a wiring connection as stated. Nothing in electronics last forever. Its had a great...
The amp should still turn on regardless of your settings. Those settings will probably cause almost no power to come from the amp, but thats a...

About this thread

ChappyC

CarAudio.com Newbie
ChappyC
New Zealand
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from