Flexible Speaker Baffles :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
Don't mean to bash but i get a kick out of the foam "boom mat" and "xtc" speaker baffles, they're great for keeping the rain off but that's it.

Metra has some new baffles out (Metra 81-4300) that are ABS plastic and 90% stiffer than the foam baffles but they still flex and will probably do more harm than good unless you're like me and believe that if 1 is good then 2 must be better so i ordered 1 pair for each door and will stack em inside each other, that should make them twice as stiff. The Metra baffles are only 2.75" deep so make sure to measure the speaker bottom depth before ordering, my Dayton DC160-4 woofers have a 3" bottom depth but there will be a 3/16" speaker adapter between the baffle and the speaker so it "should" fit quite snugly.. (fingers crossed)

Speaker Baffles at Sonic Electronix $10/pair

Edit: Dayton audio calls for a .23 square foot sealed enclosure with the DC160-4, if the smallish metra baffles raise the resonant frequency above 75Hz i will just cut the bottom of the baffles out and run them vented, all i care about is keeping the rain off anyways..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.