Fixing an Audiobahn Immortal

To the OP: I would like to say that for free that is a nice snagg. I tinkered with an eternal for awhile and liked what I heard. No doubt there is better out there and definitly way better for the money, but the eternals and immortals are pretty decent subs. GL with the fix, I hope it pounds your little eardrums away.

without low end junk, a company would NEVER make it.

Repair the Immortal. They're (yea, its correct) ruthless. I've heard 1-12 in a celica on some HUGE ab amp, and it was impressively loud. Keep it, fix it, mount it inverted. Run 8g speakerwire, and ROCK IT

I have 2 Audiobahn Flame Compression's(not flame q's) and they took te he 1800 rms for over a year and never game me and crap. Now I only run one in my car since i wanted to save some space but now I wanna sell them to get a JBL WGTI. They will pound super hard in a ported box. And does anyone know where the Flame Compression's were made?

My local shop rides Memphis audio's balls too. One of the main guys there was telling me about how they were going to stop selling JL all together, because Memphis and MTX were better brands. I said "better for the money you mean". He said "no, better regardless of money".
And then he was telling me about how the MTX 9500 outperforms the JL13W7, or some stuff. Is this all true or is he just telling me this because that's what they mainly sell? I mean usually you can tell when someones lying to sell you something, but he genuinely seemed like he believed what he was saying. It's still hard for me to pay 680$ for a new MTX9500 12", when he charges 750$ for the JL12W7. The markups are so crazy I'm thinking bout just getting a pair of Mags when they come out.

nah if you want something go with a memphis mojo 12" its only $400 and in the right box it will out perform both of those subs

thanks for all the advice guys, Im going to post pictures of it tomorrow after work. It has been somewhat "repaired" before with gorilla glue. But when he tried it out, the voice coil was scratchy. And it has the "flame" basket for the person who asked.
Also, for the guy shi**in on Audiobahn... when I get this fixed im going to come pound in your eardrums with this "shi**ty" sub... I agree that Audiobahn may not be the best quality, But I can't afford DD (and others similar) and neither can YOU!

Thanks again

-Cody

haha ok whatever dude, im out of this argument, but when you think that your one little audiobahn can match whats in my car you can feel free to come down to S.C. and well see......im hitting 159db i dont give a **** what box or amp you have on that sub, your not going to hit even close to what i am....sorry just isnt going to happen

your right, but they will against the JL w7 and they are a hair above the MTX 9500 as well

We're talking SQ here.

It's subjective. It cannot "beat" the w7 and the MTX 9500 because there is no real way to measure SQ. It's personal opinion. The next person could say just the opposite and be equally "right".

memphis is not good, we have been through that. Yes they are big, Yes they are prone to problems, Yes there are better mainstream products then anything memphis. The build quality is exactly what you would expact from a company that is around 70% mark up.

haha ok whatever dude, im out of this argument, but when you think that your one little audiobahn can match whats in my car you can feel free to come down to S.C. and well see......im hitting 159db i dont give a **** what box or amp you have on that sub, your not going to hit even close to what i am....sorry just isnt going to happen
Is there anywhere we can verify that 159db?

I'd HOPE that 2 15's can outperform teh Audiobahn.

your right, but they will against the JL w7 and they are a hair above the MTX 9500 as well
I would try my luck with midbass drivers if I had to choose between Audiobahn and the MTX 9500 for an SQ competition.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.