entertainment stand

Reit38
10+ year member

Total MindFawk
IA
was wondering what kind of stand/ a/v rack everyone is using if they have there tv.s mounted on the wall. right now im using an old school tv stand and looking to buy/build a new a/v rack but need some ideas for what would look the best when the plasma isnt sitting on top of it....

pics ftw!!!

Here is a picture of a client’s house that has an LCD on the wall and components in a cabinet. The cabinet was customer supplied. Below is a picture of two different racks that are made by Middle Atlantic. if you want more info let me know. I work for a custom home theater company and can get different types of cabinets if your interested.

Customer supplied cabinet

2262892586_ffb075a053.jpg

Pull out and turn

2262113265_21f3959fc0.jpg

Middle Atlantic rack

2262113261_4470613b75.jpg

I dont see the point of having a L/R/C speakers when they are like 6 inches from each other....

PS. I use some tv stand I got at best buy and its pretty sweet (used before now its for sale everything is on a rack in the closet now)

Docutech uses the same one his is just a different color, ill post pics after work

Those Middle Atlantic rack racks are pretty nice if you are doing a hidden install. I work with them a lot on pro-audio installs.

Anyway, I got my TV stand & Equipment rack from CC. I didn't like Best Buy's selection and find that CC has more stuff. But, check at furniture stores, IIRC Value City has some decent stuff for a reasonable price.

I use a $15 audiophile grade utility shelf from Target. It's one of those modular garage shelves with all the holes and made of cheap sheet metal frames and MDF shelves. It's ugly as hell but it gets the job done for me.

I wonder how 6Moons would review it's audio quality ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Maybe I need to put the thing on spikes! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I am looking to get a new Entertainment center as well. Heading to Value city tomorrow after sheeleys furniture. Most of my tax refund will be spent tomorrow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have a Middle Atlantic rack, works well and was easy to put together. The majority of my gear isn't rack mountable so I made my own cabinet from 3/4" ply and poplar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.