Fixing an Audiobahn Immortal

My local shop rides Memphis audio's balls too. One of the main guys there was telling me about how they were going to stop selling JL all together, because Memphis and MTX were better brands. I said "better for the money you mean". He said "no, better regardless of money".
And then he was telling me about how the MTX 9500 outperforms the JL13W7, or some stuff. Is this all true or is he just telling me this because that's what they mainly sell? I mean usually you can tell when someones lying to sell you something, but he genuinely seemed like he believed what he was saying. It's still hard for me to pay 680$ for a new MTX9500 12", when he charges 750$ for the JL12W7. The markups are so crazy I'm thinking bout just getting a pair of Mags when they come out.
On the question of is he right about the 9500 outpeforming the w7. He's pretty much right. I dont remember correctly but someone did a comparison and **** about them and I'm pretty sure the 9500 came out on top. I've heard both and personally found the 9500 the better bang for the buck.

O and of course the w7 will cost more because its coming from JL, everything cost an arm and a leg! IMO w7's aren't worth the money unless you find a deal.

O and I highly doubt the mojo would beat a 9500. I'd love to see a comparison with the same power, same box size built for each and same vehicle, etc....

ALOT of people by me use to rep memphis and I was never impressed with the output compared to money spent. Friend of mine had two mojo 15s in a 10cuft box slightly underpowered in an explorer...i drove the car on more than one occasion and thought it sounded like A** and output was ok. He meter at 146 on the dash....needless to say at the same comp there was an xterra with one ssx 15 being pushed my a ssx1500.1 hitting 148db on the dash

O and I highly doubt the mojo would beat a 9500. I'd love to see a comparison with the same power, same box size built for each and same vehicle, etc....ALOT of people by me use to rep memphis and I was never impressed with the output compared to money spent. Friend of mine had two mojo 15s in a 10cuft box slightly underpowered in an explorer...i drove the car on more than one occasion and thought it sounded like A** and output was ok. He meter at 146 on the dash....needless to say at the same comp there was an xterra with one ssx 15 being pushed my a ssx1500.1 hitting 148db on the dash[/Q

On the right amp the memphis would take the 9500 anyday, FACT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.