First System...re-tuning at different shop??

Participant count
  • Participant list
I only have a sub amp. So I used the 40hz.
Do you know a way I can test the head unit 1khz without a mids/high amp.
I mean, was it the 0 db, -5 db, -10 db, or -15 db recorded tracks? Using either the -10 or -15 will not clip most H/U's. These tracks shouldn't even be used for most of us bassheads but for noobs using their system for daily, the -10 and -15 tracks are best to use (40 hz track for sub amp) and either 0 or -5 db 1kh tracks for mids/highs.

I only have a sub amp. So I used the 40hz.
Do you know a way I can test the head unit 1khz without a mids/high amp.
Forgot to answer the question. All you would need to do is use the RCA that would come from your H/U's frontstage speaker preout's (or if you only have a sub out then use that) and pick either the 0 or the -5 db 1kh track to find where the h/u clips at.

I mean, wast it the 0 db, -5 db, -10 db, or -15 db recorded tracks? Using either the -10 or -15 will not clip most H/U's. These tracks shouldn't even be used for most of us bassheads but for noobs using their system for daily, the -10 and -15 tracks are best to use (40 hz track for sub amp) and either 0 or -5 db 1kh tracks for mids/highs.
To set the head unit. THe manual says to use track 1. 40 hertz and 0db.

I set the amp originally with the 40 hertz @ -15db. But the 5k was too much for my zv3s. So I retuned it with track 3. So 40hz @ -5db.

To set the head unit. THe manual says to use track 1. 40 hertz and 0db.
I set the amp originally with the 40 hertz @ -15db. But the 5k was too much for my zv3s. So I retuned it with track 3. So 40hz @ -5db.
That's good then, either -5 or -10 db 40 hz is good for most bassheads. I set mine with -5 db, but I am going to redo it all the absolute correct way to set the h/u and gains.

Setting the head unit at 0 db either track just insures that Steve's ass is covered.

Forgot to answer the question. All you would need to do is use the RCA that would come from your H/U's frontstage speaker preout's (or if you only have a sub out then use that) and pick either the 0 or the -5 db 1kh track to find where the h/u clips at.
But how would I get the front stage pre outs to plug into the SMD dd-1. It only came with a single rca.

I have a splitter. Would that work?

That's good then, either -5 or -10 db 40 hz is good for most bassheads. I set mine with -5 db, but I am going to redo it all the absolute correct way to set the h/u and gains.
Setting the head unit at 0 db either track just insures that Steve's ass is covered.
I would keep it set with track 7. If my subs could handle it. I was told from the sundown dealer that the zv3s could take 2500watts each...but they don't like it.

How does the whole 0db. -5db and so on work? I don't understand it at all.

But how would I get the front stage pre outs to plug into the SMD dd-1. It only came with a single rca.
I have a splitter. Would that work?
All you have to do is remove the "prong like" RCA from the DD-1 and connect the RCA from the head unit to the DD-1.

All you have to do is remove the "prong like" RCA from the DD-1 and connect the RCA from the head unit to the DD-1.
But RCA's always come in a left and right. I am guessing that doesn't matter? Just plug in either the left or the right?

I would keep it set with track 7. If my subs could handle it. I was told from the sundown dealer that the zv3s could take 2500watts each...but they don't like it.
How does the whole 0db. -5db and so on work? I don't understand it at all.
Basically, if you set the H/U with a 0 db 40hz track, that is the loudest track and will max out the H/U's output at a lower volume level. Which also means that you have to set the gains really low to keep a clipped free signal. Normally recorded music's lower freqs are usually recorded around -24 - (-15) db. So you've set the gains too low and cannot boost the lower freqs to the full potential.

Setting the the H/U with a -15 db 40hz track means that the H/U isn't nearly at it's max and when you set the gain on the amp, you're setting it using a low level output so you'll have to compensate for it by cranking up the gain. When you play music that hasn't been bass boosted, this MAY be alright. If all you play is bass boosted, chopped and screwed music, this means that you are clipping the hell out of your signal since you had to compensate boosting a low level output. Bass boosted music usually clips around -6 - (-4) db (which is why the -5 db 40hz recorded track is best for use bassheads).

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

But RCA's always come in a left and right. I am guessing that doesn't matter? Just plug in either the left or the right?
Yep, doesnt matter. The preout voltage will be the same between them.

EDIT: Just make sure the fader/balance is evenly balanced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.