system tuning help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

azJETSclan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Need a reputable system tuning in AZ

Im an old guy who lost my installer when I moved 2,000 miles. In AZ, I have been to TOOOO many places & unsatisfied. I found an installer that does GREAT custom work...BUT likes looking for pyramid type components (less than great quality) to maximize his bottom line. Don't get me wrong, he made RE sound pretty dam good! Now, because the names of brans have changed so much in 30 years, who is quality & whos an empty name. (I LOVED my phoenix gold gear in the 90s but was told its not even close to what it use to be) ALL that being said, I have a ton of **** & think it should sound better.

Alpine head unit, Audio dynamics 6 chan for 2 pair of AD separates & a pair of Rockford 8s (mid bass). Crossfire 1000 watt amp for 2 Crossfire C5 12's(in custom downward firing ported box). got the spare battery in the back, super battery under the hood & an HO alt. DSP Epicenter & just feel it should be sounding...MORE. I LOVE that I can hear the voice in music, bass kicks, but feels a little ...off? There is a song, Moog eruption made, digital orgasm that the bass in my 90s system hit so CLEAN & HARD...I have been chasing that & have yet to find it.

Long story short, How do I find someone that can tune it? Am I chasing a unicorn? My 1st installer put the system on a meter & measure dips. Current one...does it by ear....

AND JUST LIKE THAT...I had an installer get the EXACT sound I want/expected (turning up the gain to the RF 8s)...& smoked the speakers. (but lowered the volume before killing the 8s. So now ... what do I need to add to the system to replace the sound I had when I turned the gain up (but was to much for the speakers)

1 person suggested I take the mid/high speakers in the back door with a super tweeter, 10 & 8. My worry is I LOVE my SQ & am honestly not sure how that "replaces the mids/high fill from the back but get how the mid bass would be what I am looking for.

If you had to turn the gain up that high maybe a different hu with a higher output voltage or a bigger amp so you won't need the gain sky high to get power

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...