Help on buying and installing a car sound system jl w7 (amp, speakers, sub,head unit)

Participant count
  • Participant list
i am new to car sound systems but i have a 2012 honda civic coupe lx and i would like to have a better sound system something with more bass i would like to buy a jl w7 12inch since i hear alot of good stuff about it but since its $589 in amazon. i would only buy one also what kind of amp would i need and what kind of head unit? how can i pick these things and get the correct one if someone can please explain wich one can handle what... and also i would like to install myself so i would really like to learn everything i need to know like how to know what amp i need for a certain sub and headunit whats the difference... and also if the jl w7 is good for bass and all or what you would recommend that you know will LAST and sounds amazing any help would be apreciated i need to figure out what i need to buy and how to choose the correct amp speakers, headunit, and subs and also where to buy from amazon? crutchfield or what do you recommed thanks

Why a JL W7?
What type of music?
i listen to rap/hip hop

and a jl becaus ei hear a lot of good things about it and i really dont know much about other reliable brands but please let me know if you have any suggestions on what you recommend i want something with alot of clean bass im 18 i dont know much about car audio this will be my first one and i want to try and hook it up myself with youtube and all that i dont think it will be that hard any suggestions or anyhting will be great from someone that knows this so i can learn and also my car is a coupe and im planning to spend maybe $1000 but no more than $1500 so any suggestions

First you need to determine how much power you want to run. The power requirements for a SSA GCON is going to be different for a Digital Designs 9500. All of those speaker brands are good and each have their own nuthuggers that will tell you one is better than the other.

For a head unit, really just pick one you like. I always use Kenwood but that is just me. Others prefer Alpines, Pioneers, Eclipse, etc. The biggest thing I look for the the perout voltage. I try to stick around 4 or 5v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.