First System Build Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

naulta

Hey this is my first forum post, so don't hate on me too much. But I have done a lot of research and are familiar with the basics of car audio. But I'm also very open-minded to any helpful ideas or constructed criticism.

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL with Sony Audio System, so for right now I am satisfied with the system in the car right now. But I listen to a lot of Rap, Trap, and Dubstep so I love bass and I want to add more to my system. Since I am still in high school, I am saving up with the part time job I have right now. So I am kinda on a budget, but I am willing to save up to get something nice. Also I want to keep the factory head unit since it has the Sync systen by Microsoft. This is what I have come up with so far:

Sub: 1 Sundown Audio X-12

Amp: 1 AudioPipe APCL18001D wired at 1 ohm

Enclosure: Audio Enhancers JUG12S

Wiring Kit

Big Three Upgrade

Line Out Converter

I have calculated that with the stock alternator, that instead of supplying the sub with 1800 watts from the amp wired at 1 ohm, that is will be around 1300, so I know that once I have saved up again I will be buying an high output alternator for my car. Thanks for viewing!

You'll most likely just need a 2ndary battery in the back and you should be fine with the big 3 done. High output alts upgrades usually fall in the 2k+ systems. Plugged the box specs in, they are fishy and tuned really high. airspace is decent and port area is fine but tuning is just way too high which will cause a big peak in the upper frequencies. Verdict, I would not touch that box.

I listen to similar music as you man and i've heard the Sundown Xs. I'd say this sub would do a lot better with your music choices HDC3.112 Copper Coil Subwoofer

The X's shine with re-bassed and slowed music geared for extremely deep low-low bass, yes waaay lower than trap, rap and dubstep can ever dream of. HDCs will hit hard and sound great in your music range.

With the money you save, you can hit up @CSCStang for a properly custom tuned enclosure shipped to your door and maybe a small battery in the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.