First install. need lots of help!! pics

Participant count
  • Participant list

marv554
10+ year member

miami
hey,

this is my first time installing a system so im really in the dark about what to do. the car is a 97 Mercedes S320. I went to my local car audio shop and they wanted to charge me almost 100 bucks to install so i just bought all the parts for about 40 bucks and now i wanna try to install it. here are some pics of what i got.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4231/img53413uq.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5048/img53406jw.jpg

now for the questions.

1. the LOC is the most confusing thing. How is this supposed to be installed? it has 4 connectors but i thought you were only supposed to connect it to one of the rear speakers which has 2 wires. http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7421/img53421oe.jpg also, i have a stock amplifier in the trunk because its a bose system. does this affect it at all? http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7600/img53373vp.jpg

2. The guy at the store told me to buy this fuse holder thing and a fuse. where am i supposed to connect this?? on the power cable or the ground?

3. he told me im supposed to connect a remote wire. where am i supposed to connect this wire?he said something about a fuse or ignition or something.

thanks for your help

Marvin

1- for the loc you take the wires from both rear speakers so that you have left and right channels coming out of the loc, which is why there are 4 wires- 2 power 2 ground

2- put it on the power cable less than 2 feet away from the battery under your hood.

3- check your fuse panel for this but you need a wire to connect to your amp in the "remote wire" slot. this wire has to only have power when the car is turned on because this controls when your amp turns on and off

anything else?

the fuse and the fuse holder are for your power wire, which should be fused within 18 inches of your battery. this is to help prevent any case of a fire. your remote wire should connect to your amp, which will tell your amp when to turn on. mine is wired from my hu to my amp, so that when i turn my hu on, my amp turns on also.

do you think i could tap into my antenna and that would work for the remote? i have one of those antennas that pops up when you turn on the radio

also, will the stock amplifier cause problems with the loc??

and the Loc has gain settings. how do I adjust those?

Do i need to connect the ground wire on the LOC?

now for the questions.

1. the LOC is the most confusing thing. How is this supposed to be installed? it has 4 connectors but i thought you were only supposed to connect it to one of the rear speakers which has 2 wires. http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7421/img53421oe.jpg also, i have a stock amplifier in the trunk because its a bose system. does this affect it at all? http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7600/img53373vp.jpg

2. The guy at the store told me to buy this fuse holder thing and a fuse. where am i supposed to connect this?? on the power cable or the ground?

3. he told me im supposed to connect a remote wire. where am i supposed to connect this wire?he said something about a fuse or ignition or something.

thanks for your help

Marvin
1. There are 4 connectors because you have left and right channels. two of the wires are for left, 2 of them are for right and 1 of the rca plugs(gold on the other side) is for left, the other for right. They should be labled. If you are installing a sub then left and right don't matter and you can just hook up 1 of the channels to one of your rear speakers.

2. Connect the fuse holder to power cable

3. YOu connect the remote wire to your headunit. It should be a blue wire probably labled remote wire or power antenna. Your amp should have a spot to connect the remote wire, probably labled rem. You don't have to use very big wire to connect it.

can someone help me out with these questions please

1. do you think i could tap into my antenna and that would work for the remote? i have one of those antennas that pops up when you turn on the radio

2.will the stock amplifier cause problems with the loc??

3.the Loc has gain settings. how do I adjust those?

4.Do i need to connect the ground wire on the LOC?

1. since u have a stock amplifier find the wire that makes ure amp turn on in ure car and put it on the same wire coming from the back of your cd player/HU whatever and that will work for ure sub amp turn on.

2.dont connect the LOC on the wires that come out of the amp connect it on wires going into the amp... usually those LOCs base their gain settings on like 15-25 watts rms... ure stock amp will put out more then that soooo that will mess things up on gain controls as far as that goes..

3. it is all dependent on the equipment u have there is several threads on this forum that talk about gain adjustment.... search im no expert on that

4.yes

1. There are 4 connectors because you have left and right channels. two of the wires are for left, 2 of them are for right and 1 of the rca plugs(gold on the other side) is for left, the other for right. They should be labled. If you are installing a sub then left and right don't matter and you can just hook up 1 of the channels to one of your rear speakers.
2. Connect the fuse holder to power cable

3. YOu connect the remote wire to your headunit. It should be a blue wire probably labled remote wire or power antenna. Your amp should have a spot to connect the remote wire, probably labled rem. You don't have to use very big wire to connect it.
Don't use the power antenna wire, this will only power on the amplifier when you set the headunit to the radio. Use the remote line and run it to the remote on the amp.

Don't use the power antenna wire, this will only power on the amplifier when you set the headunit to the radio. Use the remote line and run it to the remote on the amp.

well my antenna come up even if the radio is set to cd, tape or radio. does that make a difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.