first car audio project

Participant count
  • Participant list

kbohning

So this is round two of my first ever car audio project. (round one ended in a "lack of fuses incident") Most of what I have i found at a garage sale, it's all used. I know some things about auido systems but very little. I intalled the system into my 98' Trooper LS. I knew i didn't want to perminantly deticate the back of my rig to my sound system so i decided to build a removable speakerbox. i'm extremely proud of this, having never built a speaker box before.. it's double walled, built with 1/4" plywood, and 3 compartments that house a 12" Kicker CVR subwoofer, and two Pioneer 6x9" speakers. the entire inside is padded with 1/4" yoga mat. the thing is solid, and does not rattle one bit, and sounds amazing. it's powered by 250wat, 2 channel amp. I can take the whole assembly out of the back extremely easily with a few plugs and put it in the garage when i want to load up the rig.

In the front i have 2 5" 100wat speakers and tweeters (dunno the specs) that are being fed of the deck that has a 100watt internal amp. my next project will be to instal the split boxes between the speakers and the tweeters.. haven't decided exactly how i will go about this yet. this is where i need a little useful advice to better fine tune what i have.

any ideas? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMAG0001.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.