first build 06 g6 AQ3500.1 HO alt dc 12 lvl4 xl's big 3 batts double din comp set ...

I think the deadening job looks real nice. I didn't even do any.

And your wiring under the hood looks super clean!

I like the amp placement and mounting. Looks nice!

And the reason they mentioned the box. Is because you will get more output from the subs if the box was 4ft3 after displacement. DC recommended 3ft3 most likely because its just a number for the average set up. But the beauty of boxes is that you can always try a bigger one later if you feel that you want more output. It's not like it is necessary.

I like that you ran plenty of battery and alternator support for the amp. Awesome job!

And I like the placement of the volt meter. Looks real clean.

I think the deadening job looks real nice. I didn't even do any.And your wiring under the hood looks super clean!

I like the amp placement and mounting. Looks nice!

And the reason they mentioned the box. Is because you will get more output from the subs if the box was 4ft3 after displacement. DC recommended 3ft3 most likely because its just a number for the average set up. But the beauty of boxes is that you can always try a bigger one later if you feel that you want more output. It's not like it is necessary.

I like that you ran plenty of battery and alternator support for the amp. Awesome job!

And I like the placement of the volt meter. Looks real clean.
THANKS MAN! this is my first install ive ever done period lol . I have always had others install all my systems so im proud of how its turned out so far. i could have probally ran a tad bigger box was jsut nervous on the measurements since i had to measure and have it build by starmountain. no doubt it will be loud and im sure it could be better in a larger box but i think ill be plenty happy with the results i think it will slam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif appreciate the feed back subs should be here soon :p

THANKS MAN! this is my first install ive ever done period lol . I have always had others install all my systems so im proud of how its turned out so far. i could have probally ran a tad bigger box was jsut nervous on the measurements since i had to measure and have it build by starmountain. no doubt it will be loud and im sure it could be better in a larger box but i think ill be plenty happy with the results i think it will slam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif appreciate the feed back subs should be here soon :p
If that is the first install on your own. Then that is probably the best first install I have ever seen. Period. And very well.

Yeah like I said. If you want more output. You know where you can improve. But who knows. You might be happy with it the way it is.

It will sound great. I have 2 12s. They get very loud and low. And there not in optimal box.

If that is the first install on your own. Then that is probably the best first install I have ever seen. Period. And very well. Yeah like I said. If you want more output. You know where you can improve. But who knows. You might be happy with it the way it is.

It will sound great. I have 2 12s. They get very loud and low. And there not in optimal box.
Yeah first car install even now i will say ive been in the electrical field for 10+ years lol so that kinda has something to do with it but i still feel good with it . We will see how it performs i bet it will be loud. but time will tell . and i learned alot of time saving tricks for next install with this one lol

Yeah first car install even now i will say ive been in the electrical field for 10+ years lol so that kinda has something to do with it but i still feel good with it . We will see how it performs i bet it will be loud. but time will tell . and i learned alot of time saving tricks for next install with this one lol
my buddy has 2 10" mtx thunder 9500s. (not my personal preference) on 1 800 watt amp. and his gets loud.

So trust me. You will be loud.

Well you do good work. Nice to see someone spent there 1st time doing it right. Instead of cheaping out or half aceing it. Only to have to go back over it in the future.

Hey bro whats the messurements for our trunk? i need to have a box built for 2 xfls man, its good to see other g6 builds on here, motivates me..

Hey bro whats the messurements for our trunk? i need to have a box built for 2 xfls man, its good to see other g6 builds on here, motivates me..
We got about 4cubes to work with my box was 30w 14.5 h and 20d can prolly squeeze more inches outa it here and there but once i get my box in have to give it a big shove . Make one that size outa cardboard see how snug it is i was a tad cautious cause it was made by starmountain in tenesee and I'm from texas hope that helps

we got about 4cubes to work with my box was 30w 14.5 h and 20d can prolly squeeze more inches outa it here and there but once i get my box in have to give it a big shove . Make one that size outa cardboard see how snug it is i was a tad cautious cause it was made by starmountain in tenesee and i'm from texas hope that helps
ready to see some vids man...ill have some this weekend..hope all goes well

[quote name='CAT MAN']those dc's will love 3 cubes after sub n port. i have 3.3 and its the loudest and lowest tuned box ive ever had period. good build bro.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man its coming along @NASTY08IMPALA ; wanted you to read incase you missed cause you have discrepancies with my box :p

[quote name='cdc351jeferson']thanks man its coming along @nasty08impala ; wanted you to read incase you missed cause you have discrepancies with my box :p[/quote]
yea yea i been reading @catman; is just mad he cant run a big box like me lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.