First box build log

I gotta get back to work but you need to find a piece or something you can use for a straight edge and clean the cuts up. You'll likely never get it perfect but that's what the silicone is for.

Well if you think you can fill it all in and get it sealed up should be ok. You can use saw dust and glue to fill in the larger gaps too..

There was one problem spot that I jammed full of silicone lol

Either way it's a learning experience for me. If for some reason I need to start over I have all the tools now.

Should have went with shredder2 suggestion....that box your building is gonna have a lot of flex.

Attachments

• 20180731_035647.jpg
    20180731_035647.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 295
That'll never happen. I can't make those cuts

What?? Are you boomingrandpas son or something? Have you even tried? It doesn't take much nor a hard/tough thing to do to make 45 degree cuts. I've done it. People here have done it. The fact that you say that you can't leads me to believe your not even willing to try. get out of building a box in car audio because your not willing to try.

Because shipping a box costs at least $100 and people are cheap and don't want to pay $400 for a well built box shipped to their doorstep.

Pretty much this. Also look on CL or even Offerup for box builders as they sometimes advertise box building locally. I've seen some on FB groups also.

What?? Are you boomingrandpas son or something? Have you even tried? It doesn't take much nor a hard/tough thing to do to make 45 degree cuts. I've done it. People here have done it. The fact that you say that you can't leads me to believe your not even willing to try. get out of building a box in car audio because your not willing to try.

Yup you're right I am not even gonna try.

Why didn't you go to a local shop? Seriously? You're in Tampa, not the middle of north dakota. You could have found someone on facebook to help you build it by you know, making friends and going to shows. I paid a buddy $80 to help me build my first box and I didn't really need his help but having the extra set of hands and brain to catch mistakes was nice. I'm around $300 into this box including the $80 aeroport and two $55 sheets of 13 ply birch. You can easily buy one more sheet of mdf for $30 and build a completely new box. You're WAY over-exaggerating and it's cringy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.