First box build log

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Looks like one of those SRT forum free designs. Ought to do fine, but there's always room to improve imo.
I'd probably add a 45 in the port bend (maintaining spacing) minimum. Plus I'd add some bracing & 45 2 back corners (crook of the port bend and opposite the port entry) if I could.
Similar to this...

OP
danielbea122

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
Looks like one of those SRT forum free designs. Ought to do fine, but there's always room to improve imo.
I'd probably add a 45 in the port bend (maintaining spacing) minimum. Plus I'd add some bracing & 45 2 back corners (crook of the port bend and opposite the port entry) if I could.
Similar to this...
Thanks but I'm going to try and build the simple box without cutting off my fingers before I get into anything like that

OP
danielbea122

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
I was very frustrated and in the sun when I made that earlier post

I'll add silicone tonight and finish tomorrow

There are very small gaps that I should be able to fill in

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
I gotta get back to work but you need to find a piece or something you can use for a straight edge and clean the cuts up. You'll likely never get it perfect but that's what the silicone is for.

OP
danielbea122

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
Well if you think you can fill it all in and get it sealed up should be ok. You can use saw dust and glue to fill in the larger gaps too..
There was one problem spot that I jammed full of silicone lol

Either way it's a learning experience for me. If for some reason I need to start over I have all the tools now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds