Fire it! Up or down?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LWW
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2001 GMC SIerra Z71 extended cab truck.

I have built 2 sealed boxes, 1 each, for 2 CDT MS-80 8" SQ subs. The boxes are .42 cu/ft and the spec is for between .25 and .45 cu/ft.

The subs will be going under the rear seat of the truck. I will have between 1 and 1.5 inches of clearance between the top of the box and the bottom of the seat.

Will I get better results by having them fire into the seat or off of the floor?

Will walling off 3 sides and leaving only the front side for the soundwave to generate forward help?

Any and all help is appreciated in advance.

PEACE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I have confirmed through JL that these subs have just over 1inch xmech. As long as there is 1inch clearance in front of the front edge of the...
Cool down, bro. and have a happy thanksgiving. I was merely inquiring in response to someone else's post that cautioned about clicking on the...
Update: The burning smell is slowly going away at middle volumes. To the point where it only comes on at middle volumes. I adjusted the sub master...
I got it to work, I was plugging in the subwoofer while the amp had power. I unhooked the remote turn on lead, then all speakers plugged in, then...

About this thread

LWW

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LWW
Dayton, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date