Finding Installation Parts

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I live in a small town(about 50,000 people) and all the audio shops here have a limited stock i.e. they only have amp kits. I want to have one of the shops install my amp and subs in the back of my suburban but I am not going to buy useless parts. Where do I find cheap power cable and speaker wire? Also, the amp(MTX 1500DX) is pushing about 800 watts and I need the gauge wire I should be using as well(NOTE: it is about 20ft from HU to amp). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

i must be a redneck!! my county don't have 15,000!! the town i live in as 6000 of that!

you can order good stuff from crutchfield.com for your install. they should be able to help decide what size wire you need and everything. i would guess with that long of a run 4 gauge or bigger.

try speakerhole.com they got some wiring kits for a pretty cheap price and you think that 50000 is small **** i must live in the middle of nomans land my town's only got like 300 ppl and the big cities around here only got like 30000.

Without making this sound too bad, the place where I live is on the Mexican-American border. Most of the town is filled with senior ciitizens getting away for the winter and Mexicans who work in agriculture. The amount of people who know anything about car audio is nil as everyone here is more into rims because they are cheaper than good systems. I actually knew more than the customer reps at all the install shops; basically, most people who know anything went to bigger and better things. I can't imagine living in a place smaller than this. Off the subject of population, thanks for the help.

the town i live in is...

1: in the middle of the bible belt , everyone here is very old-fashioned

2: the town is also a "retirement community"

3: besides a state mental hospital being here, i can think of at least 10 other mental health facilities.

4: they are trying to raise the money for another one now

5: 4 stoplights in town

6: the most popular sticker on truck glasses has to do with killing waterfowl and/or deer(i enjoy both myself)

7: the major employer(s) are any one of the 9 fast food places or 6(or so) gas stations(i work out of town)

8: the list goes on and on and on

the two good things are the two 20000 people towns with college's(that means college girls!!!)hope my wife don't see that

gotta go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.