final setup decided

Braidwood
10+ year member

chicago
Ok, I have made my final decisions on my system. Let me know what you think.

2001 pontiac grand prix gtp.

HU - Eclipse cd3403 - $200 acaraudio

front - rainbow SLC230.02 5 1/4" components. (alumapro - $250)live next to them

front amp - jl 300.2 (150W per channel) - $319 acaraudio

rear - stock speakers powered by HU

sub - AA shiva 12" - sealed enclosure - $150 local shop

sub amp - jl 300.2 (300 W bridged) (already own this)

total - $919 + tax + shipping + wiring and box materials

thats it, nothing special, just wanted a good sq system for daily driving work and back. Already had one 300.2 so i thought the 2nd one would look nice mounted next to it. fits my specs perfectly anyhow, just a tad expensive.

I have not purchased that yet, so thank you. And i DO plan on building my own box, the $150 was for the Shiva. Of course they are out of stock like everyone else until late Aug.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

rear - stock speakers powered by HU

I was wondering about that. My front and rear components are only a few months old, so I'd hate to have to replace them already when I build my system (rears only handle around 20W RMS). Since there is rarely, if ever (and even then it's most likely my 5 year old daughter), anyone in the back, if it mattered for SQ to worry about them.

If I just power the front 6.5's up a little, would that be ok for SQ?

I cannot speak as an expert, but I think most people would say only the front stage is important. I guess it depends on your taste, but most SQ audiophiles would say lose the rear stage all together as it just adds cancellation and imaging issues.

the HU powering the rears is Definitely ok, plus all you have to do is fade them off and on from the HU depending on your passengers in back.

someone give me an opinion on the overall quality of my setup.

I have a 3403 eclipse HU and i love it, but I'd just like to mention it was their entry level cd/mp3 deck from a few years back and it doesn't have any built in equilizers or anything to fine tune the speakers. I don't know a lot about car audio so somebody else may want to comment on this, but you might want to consider a mid-level eclipse head unit or getting an equilizer to go along with the 3403.

I have not purchased that yet, so thank you. And i DO plan on building my own box, the $150 was for the Shiva. Of course they are out of stock like everyone else until late Aug. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

So the dealer told you Adire Audio stuff would be back in stock late August? Are you sure?

I cannot speak as an expert, but I think most people would say only the front stage is important. I guess it depends on your taste, but most SQ audiophiles would say lose the rear stage all together as it just adds cancellation and imaging issues.
the HU powering the rears is Definitely ok, plus all you have to do is fade them off and on from the HU depending on your passengers in back.

someone give me an opinion on the overall quality of my setup.
your setups looks pretty good. i'm thinking it seems a little overpriced. maybe if you look around you can find the same stuff cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.