random audio discussions

Braidwood
10+ year member

chicago
Ok, im bored sitting at work, let discuss somthing.

There are 2 reasons I choose to use not-so-well-known brands in my setups.

1- you can find high quality gear at low prices. example - adire

2 - the next door neihbor's kid that cant figure out why my "crappy gay speakers he has never heard of" sound better than his Rockford setup "THE BEST BRAND FOR CAR AUDIO"

My new car install has not even begun yet and already have people telling me "rainbow is crap... thats probably some flea market brand HAHA ROFLCOPTER LOLERSKATES!"

so even though it is beyond annoying, I know nothing I could say would change their mind.

discuss.......

I have yet to find someone who has even heard of RE. Cept for one person here....

But me and now a friend that I sold my RE 10'' to are the only ones here with RE with no competition really.

Everyone here runs Audiobahn, Lightning Audio, Sony, Kicker, JL and Lanzar. Dont get me wrong Kicker and JL are good and Im proud that they chose them.

But RE is so non mainstream and I for one like to be different especially when it comes to my setups. If it wasnt for diversity, this forum would not exsist. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just like to be different as well, I just like the "ahhhhhhhh?" look on peoples face when I tell them what sub I have (or had rather, sold my SE) Then they listen to it and smile. Of course people love my other friend because of his 15" XXX with that nice orion 2500D ;P. He and I are the only two people who have RE around here, I've heard about a guy who has 2 15" SE's but I've never met the guy so I can't tell if he's actually from around here.

Have you ever been insulted by someone because they have never heard of it? I actually had someone tell me my system in my old car was not worth listening to. They insulted my setup and then refused to listen for themselves.

It REALLY cracks me up when someone claims their system is better becuase, "how well you can hear it even all the way down the block! I can't even hear yours outside of the car!" But that's a whole different topic.

anyone live in the Chicago west - southwest burbs? I live in naperville.

no, never. I think most people want to listen to a brand they have never heard of. For starters they just assume it's gonna sound bad because it must be a crap brand. So they think once they hear it, and it sounds bad, they can make fun of me. But of course I've never had someone say it sounded bad ;P

people think my Avalanche is going to be crap once i put it in, boy will they be surprised //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I offered to buy an Atlas 15" for a friend as long as he gave me the money, i'd have it shipped to my house and everything (he don't have a credit card), but he didn't want to because he's never heard of the brand. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

gotta love stupid people who only think mainstream stuff is good.lol. i like proving people wrong. stupid n00bs. i remeber somone telling me i should sell my jbl and buy 1000/1. "u should sell that shitty jbl amp, all jbl prodcuts are garbage" he says he also siad it was puttin out 1100rms.(1200.1) and he bet me 40 bucks. i went and got it tested. 1389rms. the guy at shop asked why he made such a stupid bet and followed with jbl makes mid-highend amps. then my friends jaw dropped and didnt say **** bout anything i bought after that.

I get that sometimes, strangely, though my gear isn't anywhere near what I would group with the 'non-mainstream' manufacturers. Kenwood is apparently somewhat particular about who they allow to retail the eXcelon line (either that or there are contractual obligations along with retailing eXcelon gear above and beyond regular Kenwood stuff that none of the shops here want to have to adhere to) so I run across few people who know what eXcelon is.

We have an authorized Diamond dealer here but it's in an out of the way spot that you'd likely not run across unless you meant to go there and I encounter more than a few folks that haven't heard or heard of DAT gear until they hear mine.

I actually had someone tell me my system in my old car was not worth listening to. They insulted my setup and then refused to listen for themselves.
That's just wrong. I would never insult a setup or refuse to listen to it. We're all here because we love car audio, to share stories and experience, and basically pursue a hobby. May sound corny, but I believe there is a certain level of respect and etiquette that we should all follow. That's what I do.

A little over 2 years ago I bought a RE SE 15 and planet audio 850D. Oh man did I get insulted. I didnt think I'd ever hear the end of the ribbing. But once they got in and heard how much I spent.. well the debate was over.

Now RE isn't mainstream around here by and means but they have respect I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.