final ohm load question

Mmmmm..Subs
10+ year member

Bump, Bump, Bump
how do you figure out your final ohm load? i was gonna wire my sub at 8 ohms and my amp bridged at 4ohms.....ohms are like chinese to me it confuses me any help would be apreciated.....my sub is an insignia 12" 4ohm DVC amp 2ohm stereo stable and 4 ohms bridged

Amp:

SONY XM-752X amp, crossover, bass boost,

2ohm stereo stable, 4ohm bridged, 75x2w or 200x1w,

45hz bass boost, 400w max

Sub:

Insignia 12" 4-ohm dual voice coil 1800 max 600 rms

you need a different amp, i know you dont have the money but your not going to be able to power this sub efficiently. wait till you get a new amp it will be worth it. you cant run your amp bridged with this sub because it is a D4, if it was a D2 then you could run it bridged with a final load of 4 ohms. your amp is not stable under 4 ohms while bridged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.