FI Q.. SQ yes, but will it kill the lows and be loud?

The original Q's were, hands down, my favorite sub to date. The Havoc's are very close in SQ but have an advantage in output. i can't wait to try the new Q's out. I look forward to making the direct comparison. From what I hear, they are very similar to the originals. I wouldn't hesitate going with the Q's.

The Q can still get plenty loud.. I have done a good number of installs consisting of two Q's.. Pairs off of AQ2200s, singles off of AQ1200s and Kicker 1000 or 1500 and they kill the lows, get loud and sound great.. Never had a customer less than impressed off of their output.

My BL 18 is straight up sick in my truck.. either im ordering another one or getting a custom konaki 18 reconed by PSI. dunno yet,, i would recommend the BL it sounds amazing and gets dirty when needed..
See I looked into the BL first. I liked how it was a sturdy sub, that i could pound on all day, and it would still be fine, and would kill some lows. plus ive always heard the bl's were loud. real loud, but they perfect when you didn't need the BTL, (dont do comps)

Maybe try three Mach 5 Audio MJ-18M's? They don't need a ton of room, sound good, and will work well with the amp that you have.
i looked into those a few months back, really liked the price, and was really liked how they didn't need a whole lot of power (would allow to get creative with setups) plus they can be used in home theater applications) but i checked them out the other day, from their website, and im not sure if they are making them anymore

With the q's, i was thinking of trying to fit 2 18's in my truck. havn't run the math yet, or checked exact space, but lets say i shoot for fitting the absolute largest box possible. id keep the subs firing forward, and more than likely have to keep the ports firing forward too. (normally id just go port up, ive heard, port and subs firing same direction cancel out?)

but i don't think id have alot of free air vol. would the 2 18's sound shitty to me, (in the driver seat?) (being that close)

they are rated at 1k rms. yet so is the bl. but ppl put alot more to the bl, would the q sound good/be ok with 1k + - daily?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.