Fascinating Problem!!!!! HELP!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

beyondm3

Va
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I currently have a mono JL 250 powering a 12" alpine type R and a PPI PCX 4125, pioneer head unit and focal components all around. Last night after some very free spirited driving my sub-woofer enclosure to which my amp is mounted on slid to the other side of my trunk pulling the power(+) cable from the amp. This afternoon when I crawled inside my trunk to re-connect the power wire I made the mistake of not removing the fuse from the power cable as a precaution, lo and behold the fuse blew. After re-connecting the wire and replacing the fuse I turned on my vehicle to make sure everything was working properly, to my surprise it was not. I now have interference, I hear the engine revs through the speakers now as well as a pop or two from the sub-woofer when i turn off the vehicle. Prior to this fuse blowing everything worked perfectly. I have done several ground tests to the amp grounds but have not succeed in eliminating the problem. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Stevo

Ladies and Gentlemen, I currently have a mono JL 250 powering a 12" alpine type R and a PPI PCX 4125, pioneer head unit and focal components all around. Last night after some very free spirited driving my sub-woofer enclosure to which my amp is mounted on slid to the other side of my trunk pulling the power(+) cable from the amp. This afternoon when I crawled inside my trunk to re-connect the power wire I made the mistake of not removing the fuse from the power cable as a precaution, lo and behold the fuse blew. After re-connecting the wire and replacing the fuse I turned on my vehicle to make sure everything was working properly, to my surprise it was not. I now have interference, I hear the engine revs through the speakers now as well as a pop or two from the sub-woofer when i turn off the vehicle. Prior to this fuse blowing everything worked perfectly. I have done several ground tests to the amp grounds but have not succeed in eliminating the problem. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Stevo
Before you do anything else, bolt everything down. I mean your box as well as your amp. THEN check your ground cable. If your ground is connected to metal and solidly tightened down, and your crimps are perfect, then you need to ground your headunit's chassis. This is common with pioneer headunits. They blow the pico fuses. Grounding the case of the head unit remedies this.

Thanks for the help fellas, but it seems your advice was not spot on. I attempted to ground the chassis from a screw in the rear of the deck and had no success. So I grounded the RCA shield and the problem was resolved.

But thank you very much, without your advice I would not have gone through the motions that led me to the resolution.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.