car alarm system help PLEASE

Participant count
  • Participant list

hansk
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ATL
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad::verymad:so today i went to a car audio shop to get a 2 way alarm system with remote start. when the guy finally finished the system worked fine and then i realized when the car was off and everything locked.. the brake light and the front caution light wont turn off...... does anybody have any idea why this would be.... its almost 11 at night where im at and the guy told me to come back in the morning which means i have to disconnect my batt so it wont die and the re connect it in the morning.... CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP WITH THIS TOPIC..... im very frustrated right now..?????? thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

The remote start and security system taps into the brakes and parking lights and is somehow sending them power when they shouldn't, take the fuse out of the main harness wire for the brain of the alarm and see if your lights go off... if so then it's either hooked up wrong or the brain is bad..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.