Fail Install v2 (sub going haywire)

if you are hearing a door close you have a ground loop issue....you say that the issue is not the amp ground what have you done to check the ground...the real method of testing a ground is to test the resistance between your ground and the battery ground while the system is under load or by measuring voltage at the amplifier and the battery while the system is under load. If the voltage is not the same you have a ground issue. You could also disconnect the rcas and see if the problem persists if it does you have a ground issue. If it does not persist you either have a bad loc or you need to grab your signal preamp instead of from the output side of the amplifier.
I've ran a 17ft run of 4awg directly from the amp to the battery and it still had the same issue. I'm not quite sure how to check resistance like you described but if all else fails i'll attempt that.

With the RCA's out nothing at all responses

sorry what i ment was the headunit needs to turn off before the amp dose or there will be crazy feedback thus the ignition used as remote. the ignition never has any noise...

I've ran a 17ft run of 4awg directly from the amp to the battery and it still had the same issue. I'm not quite sure how to check resistance like you described but if all else fails i'll attempt that.
With the RCA's out nothing at all responses
if the problem goes away with the rcas disconnected than your problem is either the rcas, the loc, or the fact that you are getting your signal after the amplifier

I had the same problem in my 2001 Acura. Find the stock Bose amp and it will have a factory remote wire. If it is a CL or TL the amp is located behind the trunk liner near the jack ( looking at the jack with the plastic cover removed it will be to the left). The remote wire is yellow and white.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mr.SoloDolo

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Mr.SoloDolo
Marin County, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date