Fail Install v2 (sub going haywire)

Mr.SoloDolo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
2001 Acura (w/ stock bose amplifier for mids and highs)

Alpine Type R 12"

Audiopipe 1500d

Knu 4awg wiring

(Stinger Fixed input Line Out Converter)

I would make a video but the vehicle isn't here. I have checked and checked again ever single aspect of this install and CAN NOT for the life of me figure out what is causing the issue or how to resolve.

Problem:

when the stereo is powered off and the gains on the amp are turned past 1/3 way it literally goes haywire.. I mean full power and he's already blown a sub the first time this has happened.

HELP.

when the stereo is off, the amp should be off. is it?
The amplifier doesn't turn off ... the Remote wire is hooked up to the 10amp "radio" fuse under the dash.

As long as the keys are in the amplifier stays on. I also get turn on "pop" when the stereo first turns on

When the radio is off ur getting a ton of noise causing this to happen. Same thing in my old honda with a loc...the amp is on so its picking up noise from anywhere even when the radio is off. Move to a different fuse or put ur rem wire behind the radio on a accessory tht turns off along with the radio and you wont have the issue any longer. I use to cut my radio off and the sub would jus go nuts loud as heck lol

^ true, run ur remote wire to ur ignition wire. cant have amp on with headunit off.

you also need a loc with gain pots on it because alot of the newer factory units use a stock amp or have pretty high output for a headunit. you will send too much input voltage into the amp even with the amps gain wayyy down...

^ true, run ur remote wire to ur ignition wire. cant have amp on with headunit off. you also need a loc with gain pots on it because alot of the newer factory units use a stock amp or have pretty high output for a headunit. you will send too much input voltage into the amp even with the amps gain wayyy down...
If he connects the remote wire to the car's ignition then the amp will be on anytime the car is on, regardless of whether or not the HU is on.

When the radio is off ur getting a ton of noise causing this to happen. Same thing in my old honda with a loc...the amp is on so its picking up noise from anywhere even when the radio is off. Move to a different fuse or put ur rem wire behind the radio on a accessory tht turns off along with the radio and you wont have the issue any longer. I use to cut my radio off and the sub would jus go nuts loud as heck lol
This my cousin had this happen and poof his first sub went up in SMOKE.

p.s. you pretty much hit it on the head even the closing of doors or literally ANY noise is played through the subwoofer when the radio is off. I'll try some other fuses and see what happens

If he connects the remote wire to the car's ignition then the amp will be on anytime the car is on, regardless of whether or not the HU is on.
You've got a point. What fuse should I use so far the "RADIO" fuse has caused me nothing but problems

if you are hearing a door close you have a ground loop issue....you say that the issue is not the amp ground what have you done to check the ground...the real method of testing a ground is to test the resistance between your ground and the battery ground while the system is under load or by measuring voltage at the amplifier and the battery while the system is under load. If the voltage is not the same you have a ground issue. You could also disconnect the rcas and see if the problem persists if it does you have a ground issue. If it does not persist you either have a bad loc or you need to grab your signal preamp instead of from the output side of the amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mr.SoloDolo

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Mr.SoloDolo
Marin County, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date