ampresearch
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FL
hello all

I recently purchase the following items

two Kicker 06s15L7's subs

one Kicker 06 ZX1500.1 amp

these will be going into a ford f150.extended cab. the subs will be inside the truck not the bed.i have removed EVERYTHING from the back of the truck so I have lots of room.

I have decided to go with a ported box. the problem is i have always done sealed and dont know a whole lot about porting. I am looking for this to be a daily driver but i want the ability to really hit hard every now and then when the mood hits me. i was thinking of tuning some where around 35Hz. does this sound right?

I also need help with the box itself. the box size will be as follows

57" long

20" deep

22" tall

the subs will be point up at an angle facing slightly forward so the back of the box will be 22" tall but the front of the box will only be about 18".

what i need to know is port size. I find all sorts of info but nothing that that i fully understand. i dont know if i should use slot port or round ones. and i have no idea how long or big either needs to be. can someone tell me what size a slot port would have to be as well as round so that i can start to build this thing.

any help would be GREATLY appriciated

BTW i can put the por any place but on top.

the side would place the ports facing the walls of the cab about 10 inches away.

the floor would point them under the two front seats.

the middle would place the port right between the two seat firing at the dash.

opinions on what would be best would be great

Here is one I made for an extended cab f150.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.