Exhaust Tips for a Toyota???

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
I have a 1993 Toyota Tercel and Im wondering whats the best type of exhaust to put on it? It has a 1.5L 4cyclinder. Im not looking for something just loud like a cherry bomb, I want better performance out of it. Im willling to change my intire exhaust system. Thanks for the help.

uncle ben's makes a pretty good coffee can exhaust system. gives you about 400 HP. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

j/k

Originally posted by Brock uncle ben's makes a pretty good coffee can exhaust system. gives you about 400 HP. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

j/k
LOL, good call Brock.

Seriously though venom, unless you have a turbo charger or something it's not likely that an exhaust upgrade would make any noticable difference except for noise. The people that tell you you have[\b] to put a custom (really loud) exhaust on to go fast are either idiots that don't know any better or people that are going to make money off it.

Putting an exhaust tip on your vehicle will not increase its performance - although, it may change its audible approach. Changing your exhaust system will increase performance...but it wont be noticeable behind the wheel. On the dyno sheet, expect a 5-10hp increase if your lucky.

Is it worth putting a new exhaust or doing engine modifications on your vehicle? No. There are a very limited amount of parts out there, and they would be expensive to buy...simply because most are made by the owners of the cars themselves, not companies - because there is no demand for the,

- Steve

well to tell you the truth there is a exhaust system for a trecel made by pacesetter its a sport system but i would just recomend choping off youre old exhaust and start with 2 inch pipe get a universal high performance cat and univesal rear section that will bring you more respectable hp

Originally posted by killahoe well to tell you the truth there is a exhaust system for a trecel made by pacesetter its a sport system but i would just recomend choping off youre old exhaust and start with 2 inch pipe get a universal high performance cat and univesal rear section that will bring you more respectable hp
What, like 5 to maybe 10 hp on the dyno? You wont be able to notice that behind the wheel.

- Steve

HMm, good lucking getting more than maybe 2-3 hp out of a tiny 1.5 liter 4-banger. Granted w/an entire exhaust system swap you might pull 5. You'd never notice that at the wheels though, I put an entire new exhaust system, much more free flowing on my 5.4L V-8 F-150 an only got about 11 HP out of it at the wheels. That's w/a new chip already installed.

naw probly just about 6 to 8 of a hp gain but its a trecel and will probly never even see a 14 sec run best bet is if you want power get a new car but on the other hand trecels are great for geting to the supermarket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.