Neons...

dkim1385
10+ year member

Hey y'all, I know this is really off topic but can anyone give me any instructions on how to install streetglow neon lights? Is there any way to avoid using the stupid cigarette lighter? Please help, I want to install two rods in my trunk.

Yeah man. Cut that sucker off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You will need a 12v switch. Run a wire from the switch to a constant 12v source. Then from the switch to the 12v lead of the neon's. You can ground the neon's in your trunk. So you will only need to run one wire for each tube. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Check out the Streetglow mesage board. I visit there quite often and the answers to all your neon questions are there. But yea, you just cut the cigarette plug off, get a 12v automotive switch and some 18 gauge wire. Run a wire from the posative post of your battery to the switch, then from the switch to your neons. One the neons the posative wire is the one with the white stripe. After you wire up the neons, just ground the un-striped wire. Voila!!!

Skip running all the extra wire and the switch....simply cut off all the extra wiring and tap it into the switched on pos and neg off of your amp. That way, when you turn your stereo on, your tubes will come on automatically. Kewl, huh!

Peace...(yeah,right!)

Originally posted by jaygeorge1979 hey hell does that really work...it sounds alright but i dont know have you actually done it???
Sure it does and yes, I have it run like that now. It's easy as pie.

Here's what you do.....tap your power wire from your neon transformer into the turn-on wire that runs to one of your amps. Now tap the ground wire from your neon transformer to a ground close to the transformer (keep it seperate from the amp ground, just in case). Now, when you turn your stereo on, it will send power to the turn-on of your amps and at the same time, send power to your neon transformer. Most neon transformers (small ones for the inside) don't require a bunch of power so the voltage going thru your turn-on wire is plenty, most of the time. It wouldn't hurt to put the small 1 or 2 amp fuse in line from the wire to the transformer, as you should always have a fuse with anything. It works everytime I have done it with no failure nor feedback or noise of any kind. Hope this helps.

Peace...(yeah,right!)

Originally posted by jaygeorge1979 hey man thanks that does help
No problem man....glad I could help. And hell, no one even disagreed with me, for a change! That's not like this place...there's always SOMEONE with a different opinion! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by Corsica Well ain't that some ****?? Never knew that worked. I'mma have tot ry it man.

J
Hell yeah....it's da shizit....and you know this, MA-AN! Try it out and let me know whatcha think....laterz.

Peace...(yeah, right!)

Hellrazor,

where can you find Oz Audio subs/speakers. I have looked all over and can't find them. I have heard really great things about them. I'm on the East Coast. Do you know of any retailers on this side of the big island?

Originally posted by SoLoItHz Hellrazor,

where can you find Oz Audio subs/speakers. I have looked all over and can't find them. I have heard really great things about them. I'm on the East Coast. Do you know of any retailers on this side of the big island?
Well, I have had mine for over 4 years and I got them when I lived in Fla. Here is the main contact info of JTI aka Oz Audio. Call or write to them directly and they can tellyou who is the closest retailer to you. Good luck!

JTI

1181 South Rogers Circle, Suite 18

Boca Raton

FL 33487

Tel: 561 998 0211

You can also click this link to submit your request online:

http://www.ozaudio.com/oz/oz_orders.shtml

Peace...(yeah, right!)

Is it bad to mix neon colors inside your car? i was thinking about red and blue? or should I go all blue? its a white chevy tahoe

Originally posted by Sem2005 Is it bad to mix neon colors inside your car? i was thinking about red and blue? or should I go all blue? its a white chevy tahoe
Not at all...just make sure your neons go with the theme you are trying to build. Using a white truck with red and blue neons would be a perfect way to build an Americana theme or something like that. Be warned tho, alot of police don't like the red and blue neons anywhere on yoru vehicle....some areas are more stricter than others. In Orlando Fl for example, you can't use blue neon anywhere. Just something to think about.

Peace...(yeah, right!)

Originally posted by Hellrazor Not at all...just make sure your neons go with the theme you are trying to build. Using a white truck with red and blue neons would be a perfect way to build an Americana theme or something like that. Be warned tho, alot of police don't like the red and blue neons anywhere on yoru vehicle....some areas are more stricter than others. In Orlando Fl for example, you can't use blue neon anywhere. Just something to think about.

Peace...(yeah, right!)
its actually everywhere that you can't have neons on your car. its possible that even installing them is illegal...but if you dont turn them on, police dont care. the only LEGAL colored light you can have outside your car is amber, not blue, white, red, green, or any other color. notice how i mention white....you can only have 4 white lights on your car (and they must be on the front). so only amber and white in the front, and amber and red in the back. lighs INSIDE the car may be seen by the cops as a distraction. its possible to get ticketed for that too. of course if you have a loud car (ie hole in the muffler) and play loud music (with a lot of bass), that wont help your chances of not getting ticketed either. so remember, keep it quiet in residential areas at night, and dont drive like an ******* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif -scott

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dkim1385

10+ year member
dkim1385
Midland, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from