Equalizers?? I need some clarification..

RcRacerDrew
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well after months of hard work my stereo has really come around. OZ Matrix components, 2 E15A, Precision Power amps... I really enjoy it. I have been tuning on my 8 Band EQ but I want more. Whats the deal with 1/3 octave EQs? Is one really needed for both left and right? It seems to me that you can only input one RCA. Is there a way I can have an EQ for the freq. that my subs play to help eliminate the peaks and resonance? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Is there a way I can have an EQ for the freq. that my subs play to help eliminate the peaks and resonance? Any help would be great! Thanks!
I'm very interested in this too. My friend's truck with a sealed box hits certain notes much harder and I'm guessing those notes are the ones that resonate most in the truck? I'd think the problem would be finding an eq with the exact frequency to turn down.

You need a lowpass cut off to fix much of your problem.

and tehre are certain EQ's set to only adjust sub 100hz signals.

In a sealed enclosure it normaly doesnt hurt to bring up your low end to combat the obvious resonance from the carbody. But the way that thoes waves travel it is pretty hard to make too mcuh out of it. My epiccenter is awesome to use with a sealed enclosure. I have basically made it into a test box that I use whenever im tuning.

Well my precision power already has a cutoff but the problem is that the higher frequencies of the sub range resonate. My cars all dynamated and my box is vented and tuned at 25hz so it hits very low...those frequencies dont resonate..its when they get up around 90 when that starts to happen. I basically want a 1/3 octave adjustment for my subs as well as my full range speakers. I was hoping maybe someone knew of an EQ that did it all?

PPI-DEQ230

1/3 Octave 30 bands.

L & R inputs.

Bypass Option.

Detatchable face via ethernet cable for easier tuning.

Excellent EQ.

No computer controlled stuff, no DSP, no fancy schmancy extra's. Just a no frill's powerhouse of an EQ.

http://www.precisionpower.com/deq230.html

DEQ230

I've been running one of these in my SQ set up for a little while now, and it has been the best piece of equipment that I have purchased.

One of these will easily take care of the higher bass that you are having issues with, as well as the rest of you system.

take it easy,

-zane

I have been looking at the PPI EQ but I didnt know if it could adjust sub and full range frequencies. I already have my sub cut off low and the high pass low too. Its only a couple frequencies that resonate. Thanks!

I have an in-dash 1/2 DIN EQ/Pre-Amp. The PPI PAR-245

5-Bands of EQ. Each band has a selectable freq.

The sub freq's to choose from are 30,34,36,38,40,44,46,50,52,58,66Hz

That should be enough freq choices to tame any nasty peaks in your freq response.

It also has Q values to pick from.

It's a very powerful unit. If you're interested in it just let me know. PM me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.