engine whine

IMG_1496.jpg
this is how its been for 2 years do i really needa re - run it to eliminate this lol

IMG_1496.jpg
this is how its been for 2 years do i really needa re - run it to eliminate this lol
yeah i would, u don't run rca's with power cable, but i think u just may have a bad rca, that is what happened to me, one of my rca plugs went bad and my engine whined, i only get engine whine from my AUX cable now when it comes loose, so if you have a loose wire that could cause a whine.

I just ran into a problem with an airbag sensor that was making the noise in my setup. The RCA cables ran right next to it. They lasted for about a year then started giving me engine noise. The RCA cables were ruined, every time I plugged them in the noise would be there. Took the monster cables all the way out, put them on the ground and they still made the noise when I plugged them into the amp. Plugged in an old spare set, and the noise was gone. I went with coaxial cables for now and moved them towards the middle of the truck. I worked on this problem for a long time, checked every thing at lease twice, changed grounds, added grounds, changed where my power & ground was coming from on the headunit, but in the end it was the cables that were fried. I believe the yellow air bag sensor caused my problem.

I use a phone with mog, with a aux cable to back of deck. (mini headphone jack)

When I was trouble shooting this helped me to eliminate possible problems with noise from deck or RCA cables. I switched amps as well trying to figure it out. I don't have a bluetooth option on my deck.

cool, i use to use MOG, i loved that, i just Google Music Now, i always got my engine whine from my AUX cable, so that is not your issue?

my system is all good now. I ran into problems and it was all my rca cables. Monster 4 channel set, and a xln monster set for the subs. All of the rca cable's made noise when I plugged them into the amp, even after I took them out of the vehicle. The problem was the air bag sensor, makes a high pitch noise, and some how made these rca go bad. It took almost a year until they made the noise. Never had rca cables go bad, so it was a surprise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.