Enclosures

Bandpass....are you talking a enclosure such as this....

i-1.JPG

or ported such as this...

i-1.JPG

And i know they prolly do not look just like those but...thats all i could find for pics in a hurry...

Also what subs? Space available?

Thanks

AC

thats not even what my question was moron. It was between bandpass boxes and SEALED BOXES. wether u can really tell the difference in sound in a trunk.

There wil be a big difference in a couple of ways.

with a bandpass box if designed correctly for your subs. You would have a big increase in output around the tuned frequency of the box. But not a very broad range. Good for rap, and competing if designed correctly

With a sealed box you would have less output. But a much broader frequency range. And much more linear output. Good for jazz, rock, pretty much what have you. Sealed also gives you a tighter sound overall.

Originally posted by scott4251 thats not even what my question was moron. It was between bandpass boxes and SEALED BOXES. wether u can really tell the difference in sound in a trunk.
ya, i know what the question was BUT...he did not identify what he was talking about... a ported box is a bandpass box...a "bandpass" box (with the plexi) actually is a dual bandpass box but is just commonly refered to as bandpass.....

ported is better...bandpass is boomy

ahhhh....ok...

i am going to give up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Anyway, my opinion is that a ported box tuned to around 30 - 35 hz will play as well as a sealed box but will get louder.....there will be a slight loss of low low but a box tuned to this is likely to peak at a range where most bass will fall...and i know this is not all bass but...in my opinion porting gets louder overall...

Hope i am still not pissin anyone off

AC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.