Wearing ear plugs....

31337hxr
10+ year member

Does anyone know where I can buy some good ear plugs? My ears are starting to hurt and I think it's gonna get damaged soon cuz like my subs hit too hard. and i dutn want to turn down the music cuz i like bumping. So therefore, I think i want to wear ear plugs while i bump.

atleast, i will hear some of the music...

anyone can recommend some good ear plugs? some noise reduction ones.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you don't want to hear your own noise, what do you think the people outside of your car think? You need to buy everyone ear plugs...

Well actually there is a much cheaper solution. Send me your system, I'll call you up once a week and let you hear it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by RangerMan That makes absolutely no sense. If you don't want to hear your own noise, what do you think the people outside of your car think? You need to buy everyone ear plugs...
I wear earplugs at all times when demoing the system, etc... Elevated bass levels are so much more than just a sound. Bass has its own tactile feel, that's extremely enjoyable (to me). Long as he's not driving through the burbs at 3am... I think he's got a good idea..

I'm using a set of expanding plugs from wal-mart (sporting goods section)... they're good for 12-15 db of attenuation..

Loyd L.

hmmm first of all...

isnt tehre some kind of law about not being able to hear things like police, ambulance, fire trucks,e tc...

waht about earplugs??

i know that that sort of things on bikes is illegal, but waht about in cars? anyone??

Originally posted by bigbassman  

I wear earplugs at all times when demoing the system, etc... Elevated bass levels are so much more than just a sound. Bass has its own tactile feel, that's extremely enjoyable (to me). Long as he's not driving through the burbs at 3am... I think he's got a good idea..

I'm using a set of expanding plugs from wal-mart (sporting goods section)... they're good for 12-15 db of attenuation..

Loyd L.
That is for demos...I wore them at comps...there is a HUGE difference between wearing them on the road and at a standstill in a parking lot for a comp. It might feel good to you, but not to the person beside of you. The only time that I ride with the system "cranked" is on country roads...(there is a lot of them here)

hey. youve got a good idea. i have to wear earplugs anytime that i crank it over 35 (level goes to 50) because of the pressure levels. it makes quite a big difference. oh, and everyone who says that you shouldn't crank it in town, yall havent been down here to H.S. TX. our town is like a nonstop stereo competition, and yeah the cops give tickets, but hey THEY CANT CATCH EVERYBODY...........................Right???

Originally posted by RangerMan  

That is for demos...I wore them at comps...there is a HUGE difference between wearing them on the road and at a standstill in a parking lot for a comp.
you flew right past my etc. there... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Believe it or not.. I can tell a difference between stationary, and movement.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

remember, I'm deaf, not blind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd L.

Just turn the music down if you feel like you need earplugs. Why play loud music if your ears can't take the pain? To impress everyone else? Don't ruin your ears just so others can hear how loud your music is!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by bigbassman  

Loyd L.
That is a pretty sad attenuation, do you know who makes them Loyd? I haven't seen the ones used at wally-world, but the ones we use at work have a NRR of 29-32 db (we have several styles).

The thing one I haven't seen mentioned is that once you put them in, you'll find that you will hear every little rattle in your car... That is actually what I do when doing checks for where I may need to add more sound deadening.

why is there ppl in this board that hate subs??? yall need to get the f out!!!! Yall can start your on board (ihatekeithsmusicthatisreallyloudboard)!!!! stop flooding ours!!!

and no, it is not illegal to were ear plugs!!! deaf ppl drive all the time. your just not alowed to were blind folds, thats it.

Originally posted by jlaine  

That is a pretty sad attenuation, do you know who makes them Loyd? I haven't seen the ones used at wally-world, but the ones we use at work have a NRR of 29-32 db (we have several styles).

The thing one I haven't seen mentioned is that once you put them in, you'll find that you will hear every little rattle in your car... That is actually what I do when doing checks for where I may need to add more sound deadening.
it's wall fart Josh.. that tells you something. I've got a pair of mining grade plugs (35db I think) but I like my currents plugs, they are easier to keep up with.. lol

yeah, that is true about the rattles, but when you've beating on the car like I do... they stick out no matter what.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

Originally posted by ChopShop Racing why is there ppl in this board that hate subs??? yall need to get the f out!!!! Yall can start your on board (ihatekeithsmusicthatisreallyloudboard)!!!! stop flooding ours!!!

and no, it is not illegal to were ear plugs!!! deaf ppl drive all the time. your just not alowed to were blind folds, thats it.
Just because you are inconsiderate doesn't mean you have to take shots at me. You need to shut the hell up b/c I have been on this board WAY longer than you. So what do you mean about stop flooding ours. There is a place and time for everything...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

31337hxr

10+ year member
31337hxr
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from