Enclosure Prototyping *Pics*

Yep. Aeroports are the way to go...but they're also expensive. BTW: I'm sure you already know, but the flare ratio on the Aeroports are's the most efficient. There is a better flare ratio that will gain about 0.2 db...but requires custom building. Also a pain in the butt to build.
Tuan
I haven't had the time or willingness to try other ratios. .2 gain is nice, but I'd rather find that .2 hiding somewhere else that wouldn't take as much effort. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No it's not a Kerf port. Kerf ports have weak spots unless they're reinforced in the back. This is a perfect 3/4" wood bend. There are various tunings and enclosure sizes since I'm prototyping right now. I wonder how much shipping is?
Tuan
There's really no method and I'm not bending MDF or wood. The port is a flared type. There are many ways this can be achieved. One way: use a quarter of an 8" PVC to achieve a 4" bend. Then reinforce the back with a 45 degree bend to strengthen and prevent any leaks. Nothing special to be honest.
Kerf ports are almost impossible to do for mass production. It's tedious work and are very fragile.

Tuan

So which is it? LOL

Why criticize him for being passionate about car audio? Sure it's just a casual hobby for most, but it sounds to me like it's more than that to him. It's people like him that make advancements and breakthroughs in our casual hobby. Without car audio fanatics, we wouldn't have new designs, equipment, and techniques to play with all the time. I'm not saying he's making any breakthroughs or even doing anything new, but don't criticize him for having a passion for the hobby we all enjoy.
i think tommy is trying to say is in a nut shell....theres a easier way of doing things

i think tommy is trying to say is in a nut shell....theres a easier way of doing things
There are always easier ways of doing things. That's where Engineering comes in. Advancements are only because of failures or inefficiencies. And sometimes, you have to backtrack to move forward.

Tuan

No, I just think you are BSing...and got caught...
Here we go again with another "BS" calling. This just shows how little knowledge you have of MDF and your desire to attack and criticize without knowing what it is. Just because you can't do something or understand something, don't call BS on what others know or can do.

If you must know. MDF can be casted in any shape or size and secondly round over bits can also be custom made in any shape and size. Either method will work and all will achieve the same results.

tuan

Here we go again with another "BS" calling. This just shows how little knowledge you have of MDF and your desire to attack and criticize without knowing what it is. Just because you can't do something or understand something, don't call BS on what others know or can do.
If you must know. MDF can be casted in any shape or size and secondly round over bits can also be custom made in any shape and size. Either method will work and all will achieve the same results.

tuan
..what do u mean casted?

ssssooooooo.....can i get one yet ? lol.... id be intersted . pm me if you would like to make and ship me one and price... it would be for one of these pg rsdc 12"s..

Here is a link to the full Manual (which includes the T/S parameters, physical dimensions, and recommended enclosures.

Its a whopper 23MB (for only 8 pages?).

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manuals/Speakers/RSD/RSdC%20subwoofer%20manual.pdf

rsdc1_232.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.