• Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

HI all,

Wonder if you audio freaks could help me with a little planning. I am looking at getting a single Alpine 12" TypeR (SVC) and push it with a MTX 6500D 4ohm mono to 250. My question is, I would like to put it in a Subzone sealed 12 inch Z-box.

http://www.subzoneusa.com/12_inch_singles.htm

The Alpine type R's say they should run in .7 - 1.0 cu volume sealed. I spoke to a clerk at a retail mobile audio store, and he said that the .88 cu box would not be enough, I should go with the 1.43 cu box. His reasoning was that the needed cu volume listed for the sub, (.7 - 1.0 in this case) is what you need to have AFTER the sub is in, meaning subtract whatever cu volume is taken up by the sub and what you have left for cu volume room in the encolusure is what you need to go by. Is that right? The cu vol. specs for the Type R's seemed pretty particular, and I don't want to buy an enclosure that has to much volume, or too little, and I definitely don't want it to sound like sh** or waste money on the wrong enclosure, thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.