Electrical upgrades questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
I am about to purchase 2 XFL 10”s I know this subs require a good bit of watts to really push them and was wondering what electrical upgrades I would need to push them. I current have a tundra 2008 crew max with a stock alr 130amps and a duralast gold battery under the hood.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am about to purchase 2 XFL 10”s I know this subs require a good bit of watts to really push them and was wondering what electrical upgrades I would need to push them. I current have a tundra 2008 crew max with a stock alr 130amps and a duralast gold battery under the hood.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Trying to run atleast about 2500 watts

i replied to your other thread and said this

Around 2000 watts you "should" be looking at ho alts.
If not, Big 3 your alt and get either one big agm, or two married batts. Your volts will still dip without H.O.

Budget?
Quality vs cost man take your pick there's a lot of good, better, and best amps out there.
soundqubed has their q2200 at $400 and their s-2250 at $320.
korea vs china.

Cab-22 is even an option and one I would go over soundqubed instantly. Half-bridge design and does more then rated easily. But the issue is you pay extra for a warranty unless your card does what mine does, it adds a 2 year warranty on to anything I buy with it even if is only 5 bucks of a 300 dollar purchase. Some cards do it and people don't even know it does.

Cab-22 is even an option and one I would go over soundqubed instantly. Half-bridge design and does more then rated easily. But the issue is you pay extra for a warranty unless your card does what mine does, it adds a 2 year warranty on to anything I buy with it even if is only 5 bucks of a 300 dollar purchase. Some cards do it and people don't even know it does.
I guess I just wanted to display a price difference between Chinese and Korean boards within one company.
I may be interested in one of these for my own purposes. . . 😈

I have one and love it. Next one will be a Cab-45 to replace this SIA 3.5k that I am not impressed with at all compared to the Cab. Cab just sounded cleaner but I needed more wattage. The SIA line has their place but rather have a Cab-45 in there.

Card as in credit card? Can i ask who you bank with? I've purchased warranty plans through squaretrade, but I've never had to cash in on one so can't speak to their service.

i replied to your other thread and said this

Around 2000 watts you "should" be looking at ho alts.
If not, Big 3 your alt and get either one big agm, or two married batts. Your volts will still dip without H.O.

Budget?
Quality vs cost man take your pick there's a lot of good, better, and best amps out there.
soundqubed has their q2200 at $400 and their s-2250 at $320.
korea vs china.
If I cant mess with the alt for now (pretty damn hard job)would adding one extra battery and maybe a big 3 if I can get it done be good enough to run a taramps smart 3 or would it pull to much from the alt and cause problems. I want to get the smart 3 but I don’t know if my alr can handle it

If I cant mess with the alt for now (pretty damn hard job)would adding one extra battery and maybe a big 3 if I can get it done be good enough to run a taramps smart 3 or would it pull to much from the alt and cause problems. I want to get the smart 3 but I don’t know if my alr can handle it
Okay. So, you can. You probably won't see maximum potential out of the amp. Big 3's make sure you're not missing amperage but they don't increase the amount an alt can give. Battery power alone can provide 12 volts for bursts, but your alt will constantly be charging the batts, so it is "harder" on the alt but with an extra battery to buffer the load I wouldn't expect it to fail too rapidly. Your amp will really only see 12 volts when it's pushing hard. So try to find out the 12 v rating for the amp you're looking at.

It's not ideal especially now you're looking up to 3000 watts.

Okay so id I’m only doing maybe big 3 and extra battery is a smart 3 or smart 3 bass a good choice and just upgrade the Etruscan system more later down the road or should I go with a smaller amp.and what where you referring to when when you said it’s not ideal since I’m looking for 3k watts

Okay. So, you can. You probably won't see maximum potential out of the amp. Big 3's make sure you're not missing amperage but they don't increase the amount an alt can give. Battery power alone can provide 12 volts for bursts, but your alt will constantly be charging the batts, so it is "harder" on the alt but with an extra battery to buffer the load I wouldn't expect it to fail too rapidly. Your amp will really only see 12 volts when it's pushing hard. So try to find out the 12 v rating for the amp you're looking at.

It's not ideal especially now you're looking up to 3000 watts.
So would one extra battty with big 3 how much do you think I’d be getting out of the smart 3

So would one extra battty with big 3 how much do you think I’d be getting out of the smart 3
How many watts can you get out of stock alt that's already running your vehicle and a couple batteries. Apparently that taramps does 3k at 12.6 volts. I dont have experience with those amps so I can't really say

How many watts can you get out of stock alt that's already running your vehicle and a couple batteries. Apparently that taramps does 3k at 12.6 volts. I dont have experience with those amps so I can't really say
Do you think i should go with the smart 3 or something a little smaller wattage.Or would I be fine with the smart 3 and maybe upgrading new tricks more down the road

Do you think i should go with the smart 3 or something a little smaller wattage.Or would I be fine with the smart 3 and maybe upgrading new tricks more down the road
I mean I like that cab 22 but it's all up to you.
Set the gains properly and you can run any size amp. Just don't push it so hard your dipping low 11s or something. Get a volt meter and wire it to the amps pos neg so you can monitor how much voltage the amps getting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...