Electrical upgrades questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have some questions about clipping. So I had my subs and everything installed by a local car audio place and they did an amazing job setting everything up but one thing I’m confused about is my SW level is set to negative 20 and I have also seen my clip light go off a few times when it gets pretty loud but i feel it should def be able to play louder before clipping.I started turning down the SW level and once it go to near zero the subs started hitting very very hard at very low volume levels but it was way to much and maybe sounded bad for the subs when I did this but I’m not forsure. What should I set my SW level as most people have it set to zero?They also put warranty stickers over my gain and etc because I’m supposed to go in 2 weeks for a retune once they are broke in

If you have to ask, leave it at -20 where they put it. If you have a song that the bass is seriously lacking you can turn it up a bit.
Sounds like they accurately set you up for max output without wrecking anything if you can reach clip on certain songs.
There's way more to it than just what the subwoofer setting is at on the headunit. Every amp and HU is different and the gain setting on both of them is used to set it to the correct level. It doesn't have to say 0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...