electrical question PLEASE HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

needthat25
10+ year member

ok first off i dont no if i am posting in the correct are but please move if not thank u!!!! now here is the problem i bought a high output altenator from db electrical about a year ago i dont no if its not working properly maybe i have it hooked up wrong or whatever the case maybe....i have 3 runs of 0 guage from the alt to the d3400 battery in the front and then 2 runs of 0 guage from the pos of the d3400 to the battery in the back which is a d3100 and its then connected with 1 run of 0 guage to the 50 farad cap then to the amp and it sounds like ****!!! i set the sub amp with the smd dd-1 it just seems the batterys are not being charge back up....the amp is a re audio xtx 5000.1 i just dont get it the batteries should have this amp covered it says on the d3100 alone 4000-5000 watts rms???? so whats my problem???? i been looking at the mechman altenators do u this this will solve my problem???? do u think my battery bank is too small??? and thanks to all that could help me figure this out!!!

yes i do i have 2 of them i believe 1 from the chassis to the battery and the motor to the battery but i did not put one from the alt to the chassis (i dunno if this makes a difference)

when i charge the batteries they read about 15.3 with it off its about 14.4 14.2 right now thier 13.8 sitting with the car running its about 14.5 14.6 i noticed when i charged the batteries the voltage doesnt drop as much while stereo is on but now they dropping below 13 volts but if i put the charger on it it wont drop below 14 for a few days then its this low volatage which just say to me that their not being kept up at full charge correct me if i am wrong???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.